Dreams are for Sleeping

Peter's P.O.V:

Gen has been really off ever since LJ got home. 

" peter, can we talk " I put Jupiter down inside of a walker to train her 

" yeah, sure what's up "

" a few weekes ago, I saw something "

I was confused, I walked over to the mini cooler that held the milk for Jupiter. I grabbed a cold bottle of milk. I picked up the baby and fed her the bottle 

" what did you see "

" you and Lara Jean and Jupiter "

" what about it ", I didn't really know where she was going with this I patted Jupiter on the back so she could burp. 

" do you still l-love her "

" Gen you cant be serious"

" I am peter, do you ", if i had to be honest, I do I will always love Lara Jean.

" exactly, this is why I'm calling off, the engagement the marriage all of it "

" WH-what" I wanted to yell at her so bad but I remembered when I was just a boy and how my own father verbally abused my mother driving not only her but me into depression.

" LJ " I called, she walked into the room

" can you take Jupiter out somewhere " I dug in my back pocket for a 20 and picked up the little one and I sent them away. 

" please don't be mad at me, don't be mad at me " she folded her arms and flipped her hair over her shoulder trying to hind the fact that she was about to cry 

" oh my god Gen " I murmured under my breath, " don't be mad at you, its ANGRY by the way not mad, ANGRY " I yelled I could feel my face turning red

she sighed "okay, don't be angry with me" she kept her calm 

" I AM ANGRY WITH YOU, I HAVE A GOOD REASON TO BE ANGRY WITH YOU ", I paused taking a breath " you, you can't do this you can't "

" um no, I can and I have too ", for a moment she played with the hair tie around her wrist, " I have to, I have to call it off Peter. I cant go through with it "

" you're insane, I've given you every little opportunity to get out of this wedding, and you insisted, YOU INSISTED WE GO THROUGH WITH IT SO WERE GONNA GO THROUGH WITH IT I'M GONNA MAKE YOU GO THROUGH WITH IT " I could feel my face going red, every vein popping out of my neck I probably look like a monster, but I'm no monster compared to her. 

I had to stop and take a deep breath then let it all out I sniffled covering my shaky hand over my mouth, " what am I saying. I'm not gonna go through it, because you don't wanna go through with it, well neither do I ", I looked at the ground " I-I-I hate you "

" you're gonna be like that then I hate you too " the said as tears ran down her cheeks messing up her eyeliner 

" what do you hate me for hmmm. I've changed my whole life for you I'm a great guy, I don't cheat on you, I take care of you and Jupiter and I'm responsible, and- "

" your not in love with me " her words broke at the end of the sentence, she paused for a moment " if that was what you were going to say, your not in love with me " 

" I love you Gen ", " I know you love me Peter, but your aren't in love with me you never were " she cried looking up to the sky as I pinched the bridge of my nose. 

" your just marrying me because of Jupiter", she was right " what difference does it make "

she gocked at me, " all of the difference in the world "

" I'm sorry , I tried to make this, us work " I told her

" me too "

" what are we gonna do " I asked 

" we're gonna call everyone, tell them that I'm leaving, and I'm leaving Jupiter here with you, and the rest is to be determined ", she could barley speak, if there was one thing in this world Gen cared about more than her self, it was Jupiter.

" all right "

" all right ", i know she wanted me to tell her no, but I had too do what was right for all three of us 

"look, Gen we have to be friends real friend so that when I raise Jupiter and she wants to know who her mother is I can call and say she's ready. and you can come home and see our beautiful baby girl "

" I Know, we will be friend we are friends " she let out a small weak giggle, I held her hand

" after everything we've been through we deserve to be madly in love, that's what I want for you and me " 

" are you madly in love with Lara Jean, " 

" Yes "