day 3

Lara Jeans P.O.V:

Peter and I haven't been together for a while, so I thought id go out with jordan for a little bonding. 

" where are we going " I asked as I fastened my seat belt 

" where my car drives us " he said laughing and kissing my cheek

even though I love Peter, I'm gonna miss Jordan he's so uncomplicated. everything is fun pure natural. he reminds me of a time my mom was still with us. 

***4 hours later***

everyone was in the kitchen all paired up Gen stood in between Peters legs as he sat on the counter. josh and Chris were snuggled together standing Jordan and I were sitting on the stools and so were Gens parents. 

everyone was laughing and having a good time. " can I have your attention please " peter announced hopping down from the counter 

"there is one person in this room that means the world to me " peter said he started at me his eyes was glazed over. was he doing was he going to tell everyone that him and I are still dating? " The love this women has shown me is beyond my childhood self could have dreamt of one day, Its heartwarming, genuine and fierce sometimes all at once " 

he paused for a moment then sighed looking to the ground then to me then back to the ground as he ran his fingers through his chestnut brown hair. 

Peter's P.O.V:

" At the same time, your love has taught me to find what I spent so long searching for within myself this is why I must make her mine for the rest of my life " I got down on one knee and pulled the very same box Gens father had given me. 

everyone gasped, as Chris and Josh stared at Lara Jean as if they knew i was going to say her name but truth be told I wanted to I wanted to marry her and have a family with her but if life is a game I lost already " Gen, will you marry me ", " yes" she said hugging me as I hugged her back.

" oh Hel-" Chris began but josh covered her mouth before any Profanities came out 

I Looked to Lara Jean as her face read heartbroken, she didnt cry she just gave me a looked that burned into my mind, i looked to Gens father as the old frail man gave me a solid nod. 

Lara Jean's  P.O.V:

Why is this always happening to me its always happing to me, I always get heartbroken I never do anything and yet I still get heart. as soon as everyone left. I charged upstairs as that was all I could do, i dug into my dressing taking all my clothes and throwing them into a huge purple suitcase. 

i cant do this to myself waiting for him like a sad puppy who got left home waiting for his owner to come back. when I've got news for Peter Kavinsky im no puppy dog and he sure as hell isn't my owner.

i picked up my phone and scrolled throw my contacts for the one person who could give me some advice. Margot.

the phone rang once or twice until there was a click "hey, LJ"

" Hey gogo " I said sniffling, " uh-oh what wrong, little sister "

I scoffed a bit " Peter we broke up for good this time "

" well what happened " 

" he told me that we were gonna be happy forever then the next day right in front of me he asked Gen to marry him and she said yes " 

" oh LJ, I'm so sorry if I could id give you a big hug. maybe you should go home for a while " 

" but then I'll miss it then peter will never forgive me " I said 

" Miss what " she asked, " right I forgot to mention in the midst of all this drama and heart break Peters infidelity got Gen Pregnant " 

" LJ, i dont know what say that can make things better, you say the word and I'll come back home " she said try to sympathize with me 

" no, i dont know why I called I just wanted to hear your voice I love you good night " I said to her, " wait L- " I hung up the phone knowing the best thing for me was to go home 

I kept packing until I heard a knock, it was the only man capable of making me feel so, small. 

" What do you want Peter " I said wiping the last bits of tears 

" I know you probably mad at-" 

" Peter mad cant even describe how I am feeling right now, Peter I dont deserve you i deserve better, I want better and I have this great guy down stairs who Loves me and tells me everyday and everyday i dont say it back because of you, because I love an arrogrant, selfish man. but I wont let you have this type of power over me, over my emotions " 

" Lara Jean, im doing this for the better of all of us, for me, the baby, Gen " 

"what about me, Peter you used to tell me that nothing could ruin what we have "

" and it not ruined we- " 

" Wake up peter, this isn't a dream, you made your decision and now i need to mine so I'm leaving for a little while I'll be back, just I need space " i started putting things in a suit case 

" LJ, where are you gonna go? home, you don't have a ride " 

" Jordan will take me " I said as he angrly paced the room 

" Jordan! im sick and tired of him. Lara Jean you not going anywhere " he shoved me lightly tossing the stuff from the suit case, " Peter please " i yelled, Jordan came rushing up the stairs

" hey whats going ", he said  " Jordan, can I stay at your place " 

" yeah c'mon " I followed him out the door I knew Peter was waiting for me to at least look back but I didn't because if I did look back that would have meant that Peter still has me.