I

Aurora began humming a small tune to herself as her fingers grazed along the old bookshelf in the library

Aurora began humming a small tune to herself as her fingers grazed along the old bookshelf in the library. Row after row of neatly lined up books caught her eyes, their spines facing outwards as they were arranged perfectly in alphabetical order. Her fingers brushed along each work of fiction, eyes trailing from one book title to another as she tried to locate a book she hadn't yet read.

Brushing a loose strand of black hair behind her ear, her eyes lit up when her hand skimmed along an older work of fiction. She slipped the book from the shelf, taking it into her hands, "The legend of the seven elements?" she muttered under her breath, frowning a little with how old the book seemingly was. It was heavy, the leather felt soft and delicate as she ran her fingers over the faded blue bindings. She fingered the gold lettering carefully before opening the cover, paper rustling as she turned past the publishing date and to the first chapter, the epilogue.

Finding herself intrigued she shuffled over to the back corner of the library, taking a seat on the coarse cheap carpeted floor as she placed the book steadily in her lap. Narrowing her eyes on the page, words appeared and disappeared as her eyes flittered across the page,

'The Legend of the seven elements, a work of fact by K.N.'

Aurora found herself pausing as she rose a brow, "non-fiction?" she breathed before her eyes darted from the book to the shelf beside her, "I picked this from the fiction section though..." she spoke, lips twisting as her eyes fell back to the pages of the book, she sighed, "Maybe they just muddled it up?" she shrugged, before she began to read.

'The universe. Home to everything you know, and everything you'll ever experience. Although complex, it is made of seven key elements; Energy, Gravity, Voids, Time, Nature, Life and Reality. Without these elements, the universe would fall.'

Biting down on her lip, Aurora could already find the truth in the author's words.

Currently her own solar system was drifting apart.

It happened a rough odd twenty-five years ago. The balance of the milky way galaxy was suddenly thrown into chaos and the building blocks of space began to dissolve right before humanities eyes. Scientists failed to explain the phenomenon, ruling it off as something completely supernatural and unheard of. Although the effects were slow, it was really starting to take its toll in the past year with the earth facing an all time low in crops from the failing energy of the sun.

The earth was dying.

The sun was beginning to cool, the moon drifted from its orbit, and the stars grew dim and weak. Temperature on earth began to plummet and seasons were thrown out of balance when the earths orbit slowed. It was beyond scientific explanation, something supernatural. 

Her eyes flickered back down to the page,

'The elements cannot survive alone, but survive off one another. Without time you can't have space, without light there is no darkness and so forth.