XXIV

"Welcome to our world

"Welcome to our world." Seokjin snickered, positioning himself in an intimidating stance as he faced the forest's edge. His sleeve had now been stained by the blood of his deep knife wound, blood still trailing off his skin and falling against the grass at his feet. His blonde hair fell softly over his narrowed eyes, the rays of the sun catching against the knife clutched in his hand. 

From beside him, Jimin was still tugging at his roots, eyes darting left and right with each sound that echoed from the forest, "Fuck this." he muttered, letting his arms fall to his side, "I don't even have an ability yet!"

Seokjin rolled his eyes with a grunt, "Right now, no one really does." he simply stated, reminding the group that he wasn't able to manipulate time as per usual due to his injury. With his eyes still focused on the rustling bushes and swaying trees of the forest, he spoke up once again, this time with a lower voice, "Here's the plan... there are five of them and four of us including the kid inside." he explained, keeping his voice hushed, "Aurora, you stay with the kid, I'm going to try and lure as many away as possible." he gulped, "If it doesn't work..." spinning on his heels, Seokjin turned to face the girl behind him, simply holding out the single polished knife towards her startled form, "Then use this."

Hands shaking in the slightest, Aurora reached out towards the weapon, wrapping her dainty fingers around the handle as she took it from Seokjin's grasp, "But Jin I-"

"HEY!" Seokjin shout, cutting off Aurora's words as he turned to face the forest's edge once again. His call was followed by silence, so with a sly smirk, he rose his hand. Catching in the light of the sun, the single purple stone placed upon Seokjin's polished silver ring shimmered and glistened, a stunning sight for anyone watching on. "YOU LOOKING FOR THIS!?" he bellowed, feeling pleased with himself as slowly but surely, five alien-like men emerged from the thick clusters of trees and plants of the forest. 

The group of men stepped out from hiding, sharp golden eyes rendering Jimin speechless as his eyes wondered over their features. He'd never encountered the enemy before, and to put it simply, Jimin wasn't expecting such a frightful sight. Even from a distance, Jimin could tell that the men towered over even Seokjin's form, muscles sculpting their bodies perfectly as they stood with an intimidating stance. They held weapons he had only ever seen in sci-fi movies, bearing sharp teeth like some reptile. 

Noticing Jimin's frozen stance, Seokjin was quick to grab a hold of the male's wrist, tugging him firmly as he ushered for Jimin to follow him. And just like that, Seokjin and Jimin took off in a mad dash, feet practically skidding against the loose gravel and dirt of the path leading back down the road they had come from. 

It didn't take very long for the Andromedans to purse the pair, grinding their teeth and clutching their weapons tightly in their grasp as they chased after the one thing more important then anything right now. 

The stone of time. 

Aurora couldn't help but admire Seokjin's bravery. Despite being utterly powerless at this moment, he still took on the majority of the fight. If he was thinking the same as she was, then Seokjin and Jimin's best bet right now was to find both Yoongi and Hoseok, both of which could probably handle a fight with no problems.