XXI

Under the faint lights of the train station, Seokjin slipped a hand into his suit pocket, pulling out a single pocket watch with ease

Under the faint lights of the train station, Seokjin slipped a hand into his suit pocket, pulling out a single pocket watch with ease. The gold glinted so casually in the light, the coolness of the metal soothing almost as he brought a finger to the small button up top, pressing down against it as the cover flipped open to reveal the clock face underneath. 

"It's 2:30am." Seokjin spoke, clipping the cover back over the device before slipping the clock back into his pocket. 

The group was standing on the station platform, bags hauled over their shoulders as they took in their surroundings. It was dark, their only light being the single lamp of the station buzzing as it flickered on and off, illuminating the tar at their feet. From around the station stood nothing but bushland, the trees rustling hauntingly in the soft breeze of the wind. 

"Well this went bust... how do we get from here to the place?" Yoongi piped up, running a hand through his wind tousled hair with a sigh. 

From beside him, Seokjin let a cheerless smile spread across his features, holding his posture upright as he turned to the group, "Don't fret, it's not too far." he spoke, raising a brow, "Maybe a 45 minute walk?"

Yoongi's eyes widened, "Forty Five Minutes!?" he exclaimed, facial expression one of absolute distain as the group strode over to the end of the station, taking a couple of shadowed steps down to a single dirt path. 

Hoseok frowned in the slightest before replacing his expression with a small smile, "Lets get moving then." he spoke, adjusting his backpack over his shoulder.

Raising a single hand out in front of him, Hoseok allowed for his ability to warm at his fingertips, a slight tingle to his skin as small flames began to leap from the palm of his hand, flares entangling themselves around his outstretched fingers. The air was still and the flame barely flickered. It was steady and bright enough to relieve the darkness of their surroundings, bringing light to the dirt path at their feet. 

Hoseok smiled contently at the light he could provide. Under the soft glow of the flames, Hoseok's bones were sharp, yet his skin was mellow like a peach. In the dimness, his eyes turned from soft brown to almost black, each pupil quite undetectable. It looked so different, like the group had just stepped into another era almost as they headed down the single dirt road. 

Strolling beside Hoseok up front, Yoongi wondered why he never got any sleep on the train. His facial expression was cadaver like, not just droopy but lacking its usual liveliness completely, as if he'd left his spirit snuggling under the duvet. His eyelids drooped and there was a slight lolling to his head, drunk with fatigue after a session of working on his music. Even his feet barely skimmed the dirt road and altogether his limbs bore the appearance of being too heavy for him, like he was personally struggling against far more gravity than anyone else. So with a tired smirk, Yoongi channeled his ability throughout his body, letting his gravity shift into something a lot more weightless as he made his steps light against the earth.