XXX

Leaning slightly against the side of the plane, Jungkook cast his eyes to the sky

Leaning slightly against the side of the plane, Jungkook cast his eyes to the sky. As the morning light became more brilliant, clouds shone like nascent snow, stretching to the horizon. He could see the wing of the plane slightly jittering in the light turbulence, the flaps moving in the slightest. He smiled, even though he was locked in a vehicle high above the ground with a bunch of people, he didn't feel as nervous as he thought he would. 

"Service~" A flight attendant called. Jungkook turned his gaze to the isle of the plane, looking past Taehyung who was seated beside him to the lady. She pulled two tinfoil trays from her cart, sliding them carelessly onto both his and Taehyung's tray tables along with a small cup of water and a few snacks. And then she left, delivering food to the people seated behind them. 

Frowning, Jungkook's gaze drifted to the meal. The meal stared at him, and he stared back at it. He glanced over the description of the airplane meal in the menu, the saliva inducing words that bore no resemblance to the sad specimen of chicken and pasta before him. Jungkook snickered, "What a cruel joke."

"Tell me about it." Taehyung groaned next to him, ripping the packet of the plastic knife and fork open with his teeth, "Eight more hours of this stupid flight and they already expect us to starve."

Jungkook was still interested as to why Taehyung had re-joined them... but decided not to pry. "I know right," he added, staring down blankly at his meal, "I'm already bored as all hell... do they really expect people to be able to watch five movies in a row to stay entertained?"

"I could never stay focused for that long." Taehyung said, already digging into the pasta, leaving the rubbery chicken in the tray. "But here's my advice... um, Jung..."

"-Jungkook."

"Right, Jungkook." he spoke, taking another fork full of pasta into his mouth. He pointed his fork at Jungkook, "Airplane food is like starvation rations," He picked up the small complimentary muffin, "You see this? This my friend will be my saviour in a few hours." he said, taking the muffin off the plastic tray and putting it aside for later. "Plane rides are crazy long, and crazy boring so you're gonna start to crave food again sooner or later." 

"You've got a point." Jungkook chuckled, cocking his head to the row behind him, "Unless you're Yoongi and you can live off your computer."

Raising a brow, Taehyung peered over to the two seats behind them. 

Seated by the window, Hoseok rested his head against the plane, eyes cast to the clouds. Yoongi on the other hand had his bulky headphones set over his ears, the screen of his computer reflecting in his eyes as he worked on his music. 

Turning back to face forwards, Taehyung ran a hand through his blue hair, "He's a rare one."

~*~

"Finally!" Hoseok sung, stepping out from customs alongside the rest of the group as they took their first steps on Australian soil. The airport was just as busy as Seoul's was, even more so. Some dashed frantically from their arrival flights over to a connecting flight, others giddy with excitement for their holidays and most just returning home to their county.