22. Minor Details

¤ Third Person ¤

Her eyes shifted from the man sitting in front to her lap, her hands twitching as she slowly rose to her feet. She lowered her head politely, her voice hoarse as she felt her hand clenching over two fingers. When she straightened up, the man spoke out to her in a mumble, her body stiff, "Please, save Hyuna..." She could practically feel a weight fall onto her shoulders, a sharp pain zipping through her chest, though her lips curled up and she exchanged a nod.

She bid her farewell, her arm curling around her stomach as her hand clutched onto the fabric of her dress, tightening with each step out of the shop. The sun had already set outside, her black wig blending in with the darkness. She ducked behind the buildings, taking alleys on her way back towards where the ship was hidden. She let out a wary sigh, a sensing a person trailing close behind her.

Her mind was working a mile a minute, her body trembling as her steps grew in speed. She didn't know what to do, she had barely any options that would keep the people around her safe. A wave of dizziness washed over her as she stumbled over her own two feet, her shoulder hitting into the stone walls of the cliffside leading to the ship. She groaned slightly, raising her hand and running it over her shoulder to massage it gently. She lifted her head to gaze at the sky, her arms both falling limp to her sides.

"Whoever you are," Her eyes drifted shut though she could still feel the presence extremely close to her. Hidden behind the trees, she probably wouldn't be able to find the person even if she ran as fast as she could, "is there a reason you are following us?" The person didn't seem to have malicious intent, but that gut feeling was something she couldn't believe in anymore.

There was no movement for a moment before the presence darted back, taking a piece of her with them. Another sigh escaped her lips as she brought one hand to massage her temple, her legs moving to bring her forward again. Pulling off the black wig, she shook her head to allow her orange hair to tumble over her shoulders. That did little to ease her headache but she allowed her face to relax slightly.

As she stepped out of the shadows and into the open, she knew there would be people who would catch sight of her immediately. Before she could even draw closer to the ship, a familiar voice called out to her. "Ojou-chan."

Her head lifted towards him, the man landing gracefully right before her eyes. "Jae-Ha-san, good evening." She greeted, a smile sitting placidly on her face, "Did everything turn out well with Yona-nee?" She knew Hak, Kija, and Shin-Ah would be able to prove their worth through physical strength. She also knew Yoon's expertise in everything would be accepted. However, Yona and herself had nothing of the sort; they had to fight for a position on the pirate crew.

He paused for a moment before he nodded and smirked at her. "Everything is alright for everyone here. Rather, how did you do? You have been gone for the entire day." She paused for a moment before her head nodded to acknowledge his question.

"I think... I have something." She finished lamely, her head tilting to the side as she held her finger. He stared at her for a moment before he scooped her up into his arms. She let out a sound, a small gasp slipping from her lips as he jumped.

When they landed on the ship again, the heads of her companions instantly turned. She could see the worry on Yoon's face as he raced to her side, though Jae-Ha didn't set her down. "What happened?! Why did you take so long?!"

She blinked, reaching up and gently tugging on Jae-Ha's sleeve so he would let her go. He set her on her feet and she smiled, "I went to talk to some people." She turned her head to Gi-Gan, who exhaled a puff of smoke. "I don't have the information you wanted."

She pulled out a small note from the fold of her dress and handed it to the older woman, who raised an eyebrow. "And this is? If your information isn't beneficial, you aren't needed on this ship." She reminded, though Ji-Na nodded respectfully.