TWO. being me is a dangerous game to play... hit x to start

SCARLETT SAT up in her bed that morning and rubbed her hair down

SCARLETT SAT up in her bed that morning and rubbed her hair down. The rush of laziness and hint of tiredness hit her like a freight train.

Today was the day she dreaded, her birthday.

She stood up and vigorously rubbed her eyes. She opened the blinds to reveal another beautiful day at Auradon.

She always enjoyed the view and would stand at her window for hours if she could just watching the people and the environment blossom.

The sound of the door opening caused her to look over at Jane walking out of their bathroom.

Jane smiled at her, "Happy birth-" She cut herself off, "morning, Scarlett. Happy morning."

Scarlett have the girl a small smile, "Happy morning to you, Jane."

Jane sat on her bed, "Anything planned for today?"

"I don't think so." Scarlett said, stepping away from the window, "I'm supposed to be helping Mal and Evie today. I might see Carlos, but other than that... no plans."

Jane nodded. She couldn't help it anymore. She stood up and picked up the card of the table.

"I know it's not your thing but, Happy Birthday."

Scarlett only have Jane a look, taking the card from her hands and reading it. "Happy Birthday from Jane and Fairy Godmother." The card read.

"Thank you, Jane." Scarlett smiled.

Jane smiled and pulled Scarlett into a hug.

She wasn't going to be rude to Jane or anyone else who wished her a happy birthday. Her birthday was only a day she didn't like to celebrate. If others chose to do so, she wasn't going to stop them. She just wasn't going to participate.