Chapter 11. Friends?

Shinso pov

Nothing.

Well nothing but darkness.

I can't catch my breath.

Where am I?

I can't move.

I feel weird.....

Is this what dying feels like.

My family, where are they?

Denki

How is he?

Is he okay?

What happened?

We were talking and then I-

Kaminari pov

We rush into the hospital as Mic talks to the lady at the front desk and I hold Eri's hand.

I look around nervously before finally deciding to text Akasuki using only my one free hand.

Akasuki

Me: look I don't know if your in class right now, but I figure you are. Shinso collapsed and he's in the hospital. Call me when you get out of class please, I need a friend right now.

Mic puts a hand on my shoulder as I shove my phone in my pocket.

"They won't let us back there until they stabilize him... ." Mic says as I look away from him.

He doesn't need anymore stress, I can't let him or Eri see me like this.

"Oh....." I say choking back a sob.

"He's going to be okay right?" Eri ask as I hope he says something, anything, that'll ease our nerves.

"Yeah he'll get through this. He-" Mic starts before being interrupted by Aizawa, who's taping him on the shoulder.

"They said if he doesn't wake up soon, they want us to decide if he gets the surgery or not. But now that it's this bad they said it may not work. He didn't want the surgery so they said if that's what we choose then we can say goodbye when he's stabilized. He may or may not be awake when we go in, though." Aizawa whispers to Mic, barely audible to me or Eri but we hear everything anyway.

"Surgery? He didn't want it but? It may not work? Is he going to die? Who is doing this to him? Is Eri going to lose her brother? Are Mic and Aizawa gonna lose their oldest son? Is class 1-A gonna lose their newest member? What about Akasuki, is she gonna lose her bestfriend? Am I gonna lose my soulmate? Soulmate? Yeah that seems like the right word, I guess. I love him, I can't lose him. Not like this-" I ramble out loud not realizing I was talking as Mic and Aizawa stare at me, in shock while Eri clutches to my leg.

"Eri I'm so sorry, you didn't need to hear that. It's okay....." I say as I pick Eri up and she cries into my shoulder.

"I can't believe I said that" I say looking over at Mic and Aizawa.

Dang I said that out loud too

My phone starts buzzing like crazy and I get it out of my pocket, handing Eri to Aizawa as I look back at them.

"I'm so sorry" I mouth as I walk out of the hospital sitting on the bench.

I lift the phone to my ear to hear my friends voice.

"Kaminari what happened?" Akasuki asks as I hear some of class 1-A in the background.

"He- He collapsed, A- Akasuki they don't know if he's going to survive now" I stutter now sobbing as my voice breaks.

"School just let out, I'm on the way" Akasuki says as I hear her talk to someone.

"1-A is super worried, can I tell them what happened? And some of them want to know if they can come to the hospital?" Akasuki asks as I hear whispers behind her voice

"Let me ask Aizawa" I say waking back into the hospital, still crying.

"Some of 1-A wants to know if they're allowed to come, they're all worried" I ask as Aizawa and Mic nod

"Ye- Yeah.... who's coming?" I ask still crying and trying to distract myself.

I hear faint whispers as I walk back out.

"You're on speaker Kami" I hear Akasuki say as I can make out all the voices now

"The emo squad is on the way, plus the dekusquad, Aoyama, Momo, Monoma, Kendo, and the Bakusquad" I hear Kiri say as I let out a quiet sob.

"So Tokoyami, Jirou, Todoroki, Shoji, Bakugou, Deku, Tsuyu, Ochako, Iida, Momo, Monoma, You, Mina, Aoyama, Kendo and Akasuki?" I ask as they all say 'yeah' or 'yep' in reply.

"Wait Monoma?" I ask still trying to distract my mind.

"Don't act so shocked, I actually half like him" Momona says causing some of them to laugh.

"Sorry but as soon as he wakes up, I'm making it official. I love him and no psycho blonde is getting the way." I say wiping some stray tears away as we all chuckle.

"Not like that- I have standards" Monoma says as my thoughts wander again.

He's not gonna want me. He's obviously okay with dying over whoever this mystery boy is. Is it Momona? I mean the flowers are yellow. His hair is yellow. Oh god what if it's Monoma? I was a fool to think I'd ever have a chance. God why am I so dumb?

I sit outside making small talk with the group of teens over the phone until I hear a bunch of arguing and an echo until the phone hangs up and the group appears.

"H- Hey- guys...." I say as they all give me sympathetic looks.

They walk up to me some standing and some sitting on the bench or around it as I sob into Akasuki's shoulder as soon as she sits down.

"He has han- hanahaki disease..." I choke out, then start explaining everything, even parts Akasuki didn't know about yet.

Soon enough everyone had tears in their eyes as I explained what happened, even Bakugou, Monoma, and Todoroki we're upset. We all sit around the benches, crying and leaning on one another. Me, the emo squad, and Akasuki especially since we hung out with him the most.

We stay outside for three or four hours talking about stuff and worrying about his condition.

I hear a door open as everyone turns their heads towards the door......