Chapter Twenty

Eulilia's P.O.V

-----

I gathered that Shawn must have woken up before me, as his side of the bed was empty and the shower was running. It wasn't long before the effects of my hangover hit me. Never was I going to drink alcohol again. I groaned as my head began to pound, beating me up for getting drunk. Sighing, I looked over to the bedside table, noticing a glass of water and painkillers. Thank you, Shawn.

Once I had swallowed them, Shawn's phone buzzed, recieving a message. Lauren? Why is she messaging him? Of course, me being an overly curious person, I unlocked his phone. Yes, i know his password, he's not the best at making them. I opened the messages from Ashton's younger sister, and read them.

One thought popped into my head, and one thought only

One thought popped into my head, and one thought only. Shawn's cheating on me. Nothing else would make sense. Why else were they all secretive at the Clifford's house? I turned the phone off, dropping it on the bed and got up. I threw on the first clothing items I saw, and was out the door. The kids were still with Gemma and Calum, so I didn't have to worry about them.

I walked over to our driver, and told him my destination before climbing into the back seat. The back of my throat was beginning to burn, and it wasn't because of the hangover. A tear slid down my face before I could stop it, and I quickly wiped it away. I've been married to Shawn for six years, how could he cheat on me? I watched the scenery out the window, people were bustling around, heading off to work for the day.

The driver cleared his throat politely, telling me we had arrived, so I thanked him and exited the car. I walked up to the front door, and knocked, waiting patiently. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long, as Karen opened the door. Apparently I looked as bad as I felt. "Oh, come in Dear," she said sympathetically. She doesn't even know what happened. "The kids, Gemma, Michael, Crystal and Calum are all outside."

Hoping my voice didn't fail me, I spoke. "Could you please get Gemma for me?" Much to my distaste, my voice wavered at the end. Nonetheless, Karen muttered an 'of course' and hurried outside, finding her daughter for me.

"Morning Lilia- Are you okay? Do I need to to beat Shawn up? What'd he do?" I go to answer her, but she raises her hand and stops me. "Hold on, let's go upstairs first." We did so, climbing the staircase and entering her room. "Okay, what's up?"

I took a deep breath, steadying myself. "I think Shawn's cheating on me."

"He's what?!" She screeched. "How dare he?! Does he not know how lucky he is to have a girl like you?! Where is he? I'm going to kill him!"

"Gem- Gemma, calm down, I said I think. I don't actually know for certain, but there were some pretty suggestive messages to and from Lauren-"

"Ashton's sister?!" Gemma hissed. "Oh he'd better watch out. The next time I see him, I swear I'm going to strangle him-" I stared at her until she cut her sentence off. "Alright, I'm calm, tell me what happened."

I looked at my hands before I began to talk. "Shawn got a message this morning while he was in the shower. I opened it, and it was from Lauren. Curiosity got the better of me, and I read the majority of their conversations. I think- I think they're seeing each other."

The doorbell rang, and someone opened the door. "Michael! Shawn's here!" Daryl said, calling out to his son who was still outside with the children.

Gemma and I glanced at each other. "I'm going to go see him." I go to stop her, but she continues. "Don't worry, I'll pretend I haven't seen you. Mum will too. I'll be back." And with that, she was downstairs.

I could hear Bentley happily talking to his dad, but everything soon went quiet. My guess is Shawn has asked them if they've seen me. "Say goodbye," I heard Shawn instruct the kids. They complied, a chorus of 'goodbye's followed. I heard the door shut, and I breathed a sigh in relief.

"He's gone. Asked where you were, but he's gone." Gemma said as she re-entered the room, Crystal behind her.

"I heard what happened, I'm sorry." Crystal frowned, sitting beside me on the bed. "But hey, now we can have a girls night and comfort each other, right?"

I let out a soft laugh. "Yeah, I guess. But no alcohol, this hangover is killing me."

-----

A/N
Unedited

...

...

...

I trusted you, Shawn, I trusted you.

...

...

Bye.