Chapter Twenty-Two

The four kids had been put to bed, and I had just unpacked my suitcase, only to pack a smaller one. There was just no way I could stay in the same apartment as my cheating husband.

I was now walking across to William and Kate's, hoping I could borrow one of their spare rooms for the night. I knocked on the door, and waited for a response. It was only eight o'clock at night, so they should still be awake.

Sure enough, the door opened a fraction, and Kate peeked through. "Eulilia? Welcome back! Where are the rest of you?" She opened the door wider, her eyes falling on the small case. "Oh, you two have an argument?"

"It's a long story, but I'd rather not be there at the moment. Any chance I could crash here for the night?" I gave my sister-in-law a small, emotionless smile.

"Of course you can, come in." She stepped out of the doorway, allowing me to enter the building. "Stay as long as you need. The kids are all in bed, and William is in the living room."

"Thank you, Kate." I said, wrapping her in a hug. "I'll explain everything tomorrow, promise. I think I might go to bed though, planes and timezones hate me."

The duchess laughed softly. "Go ahead. The same room as usual. I'll go and tell Wills that you're here. Goodnight."

I made my way through the apartment, and up the stairs to where the guest room is. Setting my suitcase on the floor, I quickly slid into the bed, not even bothering to message Shawn.

-----

"But what if he isn't, Lilia?" Kate said, "What if all of this is just some big misunderstanding? You need to talk to him."

It was in the early hours of the morning, and I had told Kate about everything that happened on the trip.

"Talk to who about what?" William asked as he walked into the room, sitting down beside his wife. "What're you two talking about in here?"

I glare at Kate, silently telling her not to say anything. She ignores the message. "Your sister thinks that Shawn is cheating on her." I gape at her. Traitor.

William raised an eyebrow. "He wouldn't dare. If he did, he knows he would have myself, Harry, George, Louis and Archie after him. Plus, why would anyone ever cheat on my beautiful and bubbly, royal baby sister? Especially if they gave four kids together."

I groaned, running my hand through my hair. "You didn't see the texts, William! It's so obvious! If you want proof, go steal his phone."

"Texts to who?" He asked, genuinly curious.

"Lauren." When I saw the blank look across his face, I continued. "Ashton's sister. You should know that by now, Wills."

"And why would Shawn cheat on you with her-"

"What?! Shawn's cheating on her?!" Harry yelled as he appeared out of literally nowhere. "What the hell? I trusted that guy! Just you wait until I get my hands on him!"

William looked pointedly at our brother. "You interupted me." Harru shrugged, clearly agitated at the news he came upon. "We're not even sure he did cheat-"

"He did! For God's sake, William, why don't you believe me?" I was quite annoyed now. It was obvious that he was cheating, so why didn't he think so?

"Could you guy's stop interupting me!" William snapped, before sighing and calming himself down. "Look, all I'm saying is, Shawn wouldn't cheat on you okay? He loves you and the kids too much. He's not that type of guy."

"I agree," Kate spoke up. "Go talk to him, Lils. Get the problem sorted before the kids or the press find out."

"And if you don't," William said slowly. "I'll bring it to Granny and she can deal with it."

-----

I unlocked the apartment door and walked inside. It wad silent. Too silent for nine A.M. As I went past the kitchen, I noticed a small slip of paper on the bench.

Eulilia,

I've gone out for the day, and the kids are with Meghan.
There's something for you on our bed.

Shawn.

Sighing, I scrunched up the paper and tossed it into the bin, heading toward the bedroom. I noticed a hardcover book sitting on the neatly made bed. A bright yellow Post-It note was stuck to it.

Lili,

I figured face-to-face wasn't the best option at the moment, so I opted for this. I planned on giving you this later on, but here goes. I get that you're not the happiest person alive at the moment, but I promised you I'd always make you the happiest you could be, so please give me a chance to explain.

So once you open this it'll make more sense, but the texts from Lauren were because she was helping me organise this because, as you know, I'm not arty like you - as I said, it'll make sense soon. Anyway this is supposed to be my way of showing the perfect girl how much I love her. I hope you'll understand, you know I'd never do anything like that, I love you way too much. Please forgive me.

Your favourite dork x

P.S I guess we'll need to talk, so message me once you're up to it

I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face as I flipped through the pages, looking at all the photographs. Shawn had made a photo album filled with precious memories from our life journey together, and must've gotten Lauren to help. I am such an idiot.

-----

A/N
Unedited

Idiot.

Bye