Chapter 35

~Namjoon~

It was chaotic.

Hoseok walked straight towards his room at the dorms where the members were anxiously waiting for him. He didn't say a word to any of them.

They watched him as he left to his room and that's when they heard his screams and shouts as well as the sounds of things shattering and being thrown against the walls.

Namjoon took a step forward but Yoongi pulled him back. "No."

"Hyung," Namjoon began, his voice shaking. They were there at the hospital and have learnt that Jiyeon had a miscarriage. That did a lot of damage to all of them...especially Hoseok. Then Hoseok forced them come home and pack their things since they had a flight to catch.

"It's my fault," Taehyung whispered. All eyes went to him and they saw him sitting on the couch, clutching his head with his hands. "She wanted to work. I—I was the one who—"

"Don't," Seokjin said, sharply. "Don't do that to yourself."

Taehyung lifted his eyes to meet his members and they saw tears welling in his eyes. "How can you say that?"

"Taehyung-ah," Jimin dropped down in front of Taehyung, his hands on Taehyung's knees, eyes locked with Taehyung's. "It's not your fault. We didn't know she was pregnant."

"He's right," Jungkook agreed before shifting his gaze to Namjoon. "There are many reasons behind miscarriages too, right?"

Namjoon blinked at Jungkook's question and then nodded slowly, "Yeah, he's right. With the whole scandal thing...it's probably causing so much stress for Jiyeon and the baby. There might be some medical reasons behind her miscarriage too so—"

"Then we should have made them talk things out," Taehyung cut him off, his tone shaking with emotions. "Listen!"

Silence.

The sounds of Hoseok's cries can be heard. It was loud enough to break the members' hearts as they took it all in.

Yoongi walked over towards Taehyung and rest his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. "Let's be strong, okay?"

Taehyung buried his face into his hands, shaking his head. Jimin shot a worried look at the members and they wordlessly stood there, feeling more helpless than ever.

***

~Jiyeon~

After being examined by the doctors and finding out that everything was okay now, I told them I was going to leave. I've cried for so long that I decided to get back on my feet and get the hell out of here. That was enough for me to stop crying.

When I was sure that Hoseok and the members have left the country, I made my way to Hoseok's house and started packing my things. I was drained. Exhausted. There was nothing left for me anymore.

Luckily, the apartment I'd rented a few days ago was ready for me so I didn't waste any time. Before I left, I made sure to look around the house just one more time, saying goodbye to the place I'd called home for the past few months.

Memories of the members and Hoseok flashed in my mind and for the first time in a while, I didn't cry. I smiled instead.

I took out the letter I'd written for Hoseok and placed it on the kitchen bench before taking off my wedding ring and placing it down on top of the letter. I reached for the velvet box where I'd stored Hoseok's mother's necklace and placed it on the counter too.

I looked around the house once more before walking out of there without looking back. My heart breaks with every step that I took but still, I continue to walk on anyways.

As I hailed a taxi, I received a phone call from my father. I debated ignoring it but decided that I should probably answer him.

"Yeah?"

"Jiyeon-ah!"

I sighed, "What?"

"Why didn't you pick up any of my calls?"

"I wasn't ready to talk," I mumbled.

"Are you ready to talk now? Explain everything to me?"

I shook my head. "No, dad. I don't want to talk about that anymore."

"What do you mean?"

I took a deep breath and then said, "I'm sorry for everything."

He was quiet on the other side.

I continued on, "I shouldn't blame you for what's happened, huh?" I smiled, "Thank you for everything you've done for me."

"What's wrong?" he asked, slowly. "Is everything...okay?"

"It will be," I shrugged. I saw the graveyard ahead and then gestured for the driver to stop the car. "So don't worry about me. I'm doing better these days." Well, sort of. I will be okay one day, right?

"Jiyeon..."

I smiled at the sadness in his tone. "When I get back, let's have a proper meal and talk. Right now, I want time to myself."

I hung up on him and paid the driver before stepping out of the taxi and walking towards the place where my mother was resting. Every step I took made me emotional but I didn't stop walking until I reached it.

It was then that I lowered myself to the ground and trace the headstone with my fingertips.

"I messed up again, mum," I whispered, tears brimming in my eyes.

The marble had no reply.