// Chapter Two : To Look Back on //

(A/N~ ⚠️Hey guys, I just want to get out there that there will be a racism, bullying, abuse, and self harm in this chapter. Please be cautious and be safe! Love you!⚠️)

- Lance's past -

"Lance, come on! We're gunna be late!" An older boy, who looks like Lance, but quite older shouts, shaking Lance awake.

The 12 year old Lance sighs and throws the covers off of himself. "Okay, Leo, I'm coming," He yawns while opening a closet to get clothes on.

Once he picks out the clothes and dresses himself, he runs down stairs to the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast.

"Lance, your bus is going to be here soon and you still need to walk down to your bus stop," A girl with black, curly hair and blue eyes says. She looks older too, she looks to be Lance's sister.

"Sophia, can you or Leo drive me to school?" Little Lance asks with pleading big, blue eyes.

"No, Lance. Leo and I need to get to school too. Besides I think high school is more important than middle school," She laughs and pushes her hand through the boy's hair.

Lance pouts by throwing his arms over his chest and letting out a loud, exaggerated sigh. The Cuban then grabs his backpack and slowly starts to walk to the bus stop which is down the road.

- el time skip when Lance is at school -

"Brown boy, think you can hide from us today?" An upper classmate comes up to Lance and pushes him up against the nearest wall.

The boy is tall and has a little built to him. His brown eyes stare into Lance's blue ones with excitement, his mouth is tilted upwards into a cocky grin. There's a group of other kids behind Lance's attacker with the same look on their faces.

"What do you want, man?" Lance's voice is low and dangerous, but his eyes say otherwise, instead, filled with fear.

"I heard you tried to tell a teacher about us," he states. "Now, why would you try and do that, huh?" The boy asks, pushing his face closer to Lance, the smell of his breath causes Lance to crunch his nose in disgust. He doesn't reply though, he just stares at the bully, but then out of no where, Lance is on the ground and the boy is off of him.

Lance looks up and see another boy who is a little bigger then the the rest with his hands in a tight fist, his knuckles white and face filled with anger.

"Leave him alone!" The boy shouts.

"Oh whatever fat-so, we'll be back. Come on guys lets get out of here," the upper classmate says and walks away with his group.

"Hey, are you okay?" The boy asks, reaching a hand out to Lance.

"Yeah — Yeah, I'm fine. Who are you?" Lance asks, taking a step back to get a better look at the boy.

"I'm Hani! I just moved here from Hawaii last week," Hani says.

"Nice to meet you, Hani. I'm Lance. Just so you know, you are not fat... you are... a hunk! Yeah, you are a total hunk! In fact, that's what I'm going to call you, Hunk," Lance says with a toothy grin.