Chapter 1

Hello my lovely mundanes

If you must refresh your memory of the last scene...watch the video above. The story picks up from the end of this clip.

*CLARY*

"Jace," I continued repeating this guy's name in my head, I've met him before but I just don't know where. Then I saw a blue/green mark peeping out of his shirt neckline. I placed my hand on the tattoo and instantly realised that I'd forgotten something very important. My heart began to flutter and I felt as if there was electricity pulsing urgently through my body. All of a sudden, unexplained images began flashing into my mind, they were all so quick for me to even attempt to process and I felt everything begin to spin. The last thing I saw was Jace, his eyes were a bright golden colour as he caught me. Then there was darkness...

*JACE*

No, this can't be. How can she see me? This past year has been hell, I felt as though after all she had done to save not only the shadow world but the entire human race, it was out of order for Raziel to strip her of her runes and completely erase her memory of us. Clary risked her life for everyone on multiple occasions, going after Valentine, standing up to the vampires, and killing Jonathan. She was braver than anybody could ever be and ever since she left, the institute feels dark and empty. I remember so clearly when I found the letter which tore my life apart, tears formed a puddle before me as I realised that I had lost the most important thing to me. If I'm completely honest, before meeting her, I was completely against the idea of love and was happy with just having fun with whoever i wanted.Love...it just seemed impossible to me. But after bumping into her in front of the pandemonium, my entire life changed, I grew to love her so quickly and falling for her was completely out of my control. Simon was missing for the first few days after her departure, he'd known her since they were kids, fallen in love with her and still managed to repair his friendship with her. After all they'd been through, shadow world or just life in general, she was ripped away mercilessly and it put him in a very dark place. 

*Flashback to that night* 

*Izzy*

"We have to go get her." Jace stood up from his chair, sending it flying across the room. I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Jace stop it. The letter warns that us going after her to change what the angels have set can make things worse. It could mean risking our lives or even worse, hers." I fought back the tears, even if Clary and I weren't yet Parabatai, we formed that bond long ago and losing her was tearing me apart. Simon spoke up, his hair an absolute mess and his hands shaking, "She can't leave me. Not like that. It was her fate to be apart of the shadow world, not mine and I was put in this mess for her. Now that she's not here, being a vampire means nothing to me. I don't want it." He sped out of the room. We were yet to break the news to Magnus or Alec, it was their wedding day and they were way above cloud nine. Jace left the room, placing the letter in his pocket and within seconds the slam of his door sounded throughout the institute. That night was rough. He trashed his room, cried his eyes out and was so close to ending his life. No matter how much trouble she caused us at the beginning, without Clary I doubt any of us would be here right now. I cried myself to sleep that night, with the sound of crashes and bangs from Jace's room.

For days, there was no sign of him and it was clear that he'd fallen into a state of depression. And there was absolutely nothing we could do other than wait it out. Which did work, but our Jace never came back, it was a man, emotionally numb and completely absent minded. Alec was torn apart. He felt it all through their bond and this caused the first few months of married life with Magnus to be empty. That's how we all felt. Empty.

*BACK TO PRESENT DAY*

*JACE*

I grabbed her before she could fall to the floor and was completely lost about what to do. If I took her back to the institute and she wasn't actually gaining her memories, that would be against Raziel's wish. If I took her home and she remembered everything, she won't have any of us around her. My hands rumaged through the pockets of my leather jacket until I grabbed my phone. "Luke. Clary. Memory. Art gallery. I- uh come here. Help." Words were just pouring out of my mouth, this entire year I've been praying that she'd remember and come back to me. The thought of that finally happening brought back my will to leave. "Jace, I have no idea what your saying. But if it's to do with Clary, I'm on my way." I sat in that alley with Clary lying on my lap whilst tears uncontrollably streamed from my eyes. Around 10 minutes passed before Luke ran up to me, asking what had happened. 

"Jace, you can't do this. You have to leave her, your losing your mind."

"I'm not. She has the sight again, I was watching her whilst I was glamoured and she noticed me."

"What? Jace, you just miss her. Stop. You're putting her at risk."

"NO. SHE REMEMBERED MY NAME. SHE RECOGNISED MY RUNE. THIS IS IT AND I'M NOT LEAVING HER. NOT NOW AND NOT EVER." I looked up at him and shook my head confidently at him. I am NOT going insane.

"If she remembered your name, then it might be coming back to her, we can take her back to the institute until she regains consciousness. I'll call Simon, you take her back." I stood up, carrying her to the institute, feeling my heart beat again and feeling myself return from the darkness.

"Jace!" I turned back to Luke.

"Keep her safe."

"Always."

*Leave any comments. Thanks for reading!*