Chapter 12

*JACE*

We arrived at Luke's farm and were walking up to a little cottage when I heard somebody following us again, just like when we were in Idris. Somebody's onto us, so far they've just been watching us, I'm on high alert for whenever they decide to pounce. Luke knocked on the door and within seconds, Cleophas stood at the door with a warm smile.

"Hey guys! What brings you guys here? And who is this charming little boy?" she asked, shaking Max's hand.

"This is my little brother, Max." I answered.

"And you are?" she further questioned.

"This is my boyfriend. Jace." Clary spoke up smiling at me.

"How lovely! Come in guys," She welcomed us into her house and sat us down with cups of tea and a carton of apple juice for Max. I was sat on a couch with Clary and Max, Luke stood by the window looking out onto the Ranch and Cleophas sat opposite us.

"So what can I do for you dear?" she asked Clary.

"We wanted to know if you've ever heard about a sacred wall for the mortal instruments?" 

"I-I don't think so. The only think I've heard is that there is a mortal instrument above all others which holds the power to control the world. But its only a legend."

"Oh. Well, can you help Jace and I contact the angels again?" she pleaded.

"Clary, you don't need my help anymore. You have Jace, I've heard about what your angelic connection has allowed you two to do and to be honest together your completely invincible. You've just gotta believe in yourself." she said putting Clary's hands in mine.

"Cleophas last time, I summoned Ithuriel and he was killed right in front of me."

"He may be alive, he may have been given another chance. Believe in yourself Clary. Go outside and give it a try you two." she signalled towards the rest of the ranch through the window. Clary gave a hesitant smile and pulled me outside after Cleophas handed her a bottle of black powder. We walked far into a clear and quiet space.

"So what now?" I asked as she poured the powder out into the shape of a large circle and sat down in the middle.

"Shuffle over so your sitting opposite me." I did as told. She grabbed both my hands in hers and looked straight into my eyes..

"If Ithuriel doesn't appear it means he's dead and that'll be because of me." Clary sounded worried. 

There was silence before we both called out "Angel Ithuriel, if you're out there, we need you." She kept her eye contact with me for a few more seconds before looking around worriedly. I scanned the sky for any bright light but there was nothing.

"It's all my fau-" she was interrupted by that distinctive light we were both eagerly searching for. It plummeted down to the ground beside us and there stood angel Ithuriel. We both quickly stood up in complete and utter shock.

"Angel Ithuriel." I greeted formally

"Your okay?" Clary exclaimed.

"Of course I am my children. God gave me another chance so I'm absolutely fine. He also told me to stay away from trouble but I have to help my children so I came here immediately."

"Thank god! I'm so sorry Ithuriel." She said genuinely.

"Clarissa, it was not your fault so please my dear, don't worry."

"Angel Ithuriel, we need your help. We've found something of resemblance to a large vault. It has gaps for the mortal instruments. What's inside it." I spoke up.