Chapter 14

*CLARY*

I woke up to somebody throwing open the blinds, letting all the sunlight in. A sweet voice sounded through the room and sang good morning, Izzy.

"Come on bed head, we need to talk." she said plopping herself on the bed beside me with her legs up as I sat up, patting my hair down. Man she knew how to make me feel self-conscious.

"Izzy, what time is it? And where's Jace?" My voice croaked out.

"It's 9pm and he's making you breakfast but I snuck in so I could make sure you were okay. Clary, your like the sister I never had, you can come to me about anything," she reached over to the bedside table and handed me a cup with a strange swamp green coloured liquid.

"What is that?" I said eyeing the strange substance.

"It's a green smoothie with some protein powder, you wanted to get back to your old health so drink up." I took slow sips of the thick smoothie, it tasted quite good so I didn't complain.

"I'm gonna help you train today and then we'll go shopping, you need new clothes."

"How did you know?" I chuckled, its like she just read my mind.

"You've been wearing the same few clothes alternatively since you got back, why Clary?" She playfully smacked my leg.

"They just feel old, and I wanted new clothes for this new chapter in my life. And my old bras are suffocating my boobs," I complained, pulling my bra off my skin for a second so they could breath before letting go.

"Okay so we definitely need to go," Izzy chuckled, taking the empty glass from my hand and setting it beside her.

"So, how's everything with Jace?" she asked raising a brow suggestively.

"Good." I simply replied, feeling a blush make its way to my cheeks.

"Come on girl! Give me more!" 

"Perfect," I looked back at her and she had a disappointed look on her face so I kept talking. "Really good, I love him. I also can't believe he waited a whole year for me."

"Clary, he would've waited his whole life if he had to for you. Now tell me how good your night together was?" she forwardly asked.

"Izzy!" 

"Oh come on, you can talk about your sex life to me. So how was it?"

"Amazing," It kinda just slipped put of my mouth, I wasn't actually planning to reply. "It was the best night of my life."

"Well I'm not surprised, the guy hadn't had sex in over a year." she chuckled. Before our sister talk could continue, Jace walked into the room with a tray of food which he put in front of me.

"Morning," he said, pecking my lips and sitting by me.

"Guys just get married already!" Izzy said, her face turning pale in seconds.

"Are you okay?" I asked as she slowly got up.

"U-uh I feel sick." she said running out the room.

"Jace, I'll go check on her-" I was moving the tray but he stopped me.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." he said, holding a strawberry slice to my mouth which I ate within seconds. I thanked him for the amazing food that he'd made for me. There was avocado on toast with poached eggs, a bowl of fresh fruit and orange juice. We both cleaned up the tray of food quickly, the food was delicious. We finished up breakfast and spent the rest of the morning training together before Izzy came back to join us.

*Izzy*

I ran out of their room as soon as I saw the threatening look Jace was giving me. I ran down the corridor to the food court laughing like a maniac at how close I was to blowing everything. I got to our table where Magnus and Alec were being all lovey-dovey and Luke looked like he was about to fall asleep.

"GUYS I NEARLY BLEW IT!" I screeched out laughing more than I probably should have been.

"Izzy! What did you do?" Luke warned, he was honestly like a father to me.

"Imayhavemadeajokeaboutthemgettingmarriedalready," I blurted out, looking down at my feet.

"Did Clary suspect anything?" Magnus asked concerned.

"Not a thing, that's why its so funny. You should have seen Jace's face though," I laughed out once again making them all chuckle.

"Has the plan been put into action?" Alec questioned me, slightly whispering.

"Yepp, also why are you whispering?" I whispered back.

"I don't know?" he whispered once again. 

I'm so happy for them, tonight is going to be amazing! Jace walked into the office with Luke yesterday and announced the news, there were hugs and quiet cheers before Magnus brought in an array of engagement rings for him to look at. Jace picked out a platinum ring with a solitaire diamond and a few smaller ones on either end of it. I don't know how long it took for him to pick one cause I was just trying them all on myself and telling everyone I was "modelling" them. Well the plan for today was for me to take Clary shopping, distract her and grab her some nice clothes for that night. The boys were gonna go set everything up and I was supposed to take her there at the right time so that Jace could then do his part. George from the London institute was coming today so Alec will be staying back to handle everything with him. The rest of us were on mission to make this engagement perfect. I managed to convince my brother to meet us there later at night after he'd met with George. We should all be there for them.

And as for me and Simon, I don't know anymore. At first our love was so passionate and fairy-tale like but now I'm not so sure anymore. We're too different. Him being a vampire and me being a shadowhunter is like a weight which is constantly pulling us down. And he's acting different now that Clary's back, which is fine cause I know how close they were and how he loved her but now things are different. Clary has Jace, but Simon doesn't see that, with any other peopl it wouldn't be an issue but their bonded as soul mates by the angels, he'll get hurt every time he gets between them. That's something he's too blind to see. I spoke to Luke about my problems and he advised me to just speak to him and tell him how I'm feeling. To me, that sounds more daunting than you'd think. I guess I'm not the luckiest with love.

We finally saw some girl time! I want to focus on their friendship a lot more. Izzy isn't too happy about her situation with Simon. Is there something about him we don't know? And a proposal already...I know its quick in the book, but we did all watch 55 episodes before this so its been a long time coming. They've been through so much shit, I just had to give them the happiness they deserve.💖💖💖

P.s dear readers
I wanted you all to know that i adore every single one of you. Thankyou so much for the amazing support which has inspired me to keep writing this book. New chapters wont be published as often as they initially were due to everything going on in my life. But do not fear...i have not given up on this book and never will
Stay tuned for the next update ❤🌏💞💫💜