Chapter 11

*CLARY*

Alec stood up from his chair to make an announcement. We finished brunch and spent a couple hours just talking about the most irrelevant and irrational things but I knew we had to get back to work now.

"Guys, we've had a really chilled day so far and now its time to get back to work." Alec announced, making me sigh deeply and lean into Izzy.

"So what's the plan?" I spoke up.

"Simon, check out the books left in the Hotel Dumort for anything about this vault, Izzy go with him." They shook their heads in approval.

"I'll contact the London Intitute. They have a senior member there who I know can help us, he's visited us before so he won't say no to another trip here." 

"But is it safe to tell him about the vault?" Luke asked, not sure about this idea.

"If we can't tell him, then we can't tell anybody else."

"Jace and Clary, this is a big ask. But I want the two of you to use your angelic connection to find any information you can. "

"I can get Cleophas to help you contact the angels, she's still at the farm so you'd need a portal." Luke added.

"That sounds great."

"I'm coming with you guys, I trust the two of you but she's yet to win me over." Luke firmly stated. Izzy and Simon left for the Dumort as Alec picked up the phone to call over this senior member.

"Get ready and I'll get you a portal." Magnus said so we made a swift exit to our rooms to get changed and gather our stuff.

*MAGNUS*

The three of them left to get ready and Alec was standing by the window making that phone call to the London institute. I was about to pour myself another drink but Maryse whispered me to come with her. She held the door open for me as I walked out and pulled me to a corner.

"Magnus, I need your help." She pleaded, I could see her eyes glazing over with unshed tears.

"Of course, what is it?" I accepted it confidently knowing that she was like a mother to me and would never do anything to harm anyone.

"It's Max, he called me yesterday and said he wanted to come here and stay with us. He said Robert wasn't there and I know that he'd be safer here with all of us especially 3 older siblings. I haven't seen him in months. Can you help me?" she begged.

"I'll portal him here immediately, we have to tell the others tonight. This seems out of character for Maxwell." I said opening a portal and within seconds Max stood there. He ran up to Maryse and flung his arms around her.

"Mom! Can I stay here?" he spoke, looking up at me and giving me a fist bump.

"Of course you can honey. But where's your father?"

"Some conference." he said before running into Alec's office.

*ALEC*

George from the London Institute didn't pick up when I called so I left a message for him to call me back as soon as possible

"Alec," he exclaimed, running up and hugging me.

"Max! Why are you here?" I asked patting his shoulders.

"Dad abandoned me, he said he has some conference in London."

"Wait so he just left you?" 

"Yeah, I asked if I was going and he strictly said no. It was so boring Alec!"