Chapter 13

*JACE*

I saw nothing, I just ran to wherever she was. In all honesty I had no idea where she was, I kinda just let my heart lead me to her. Our connection was far beyond strong and I felt as though it would prevent us from ever being split up which was reassuring. I needed her. I kept running and found her standing, hands in her face against a wall as she her body wracked with sobs. 

"Clary," I breathed out as I hugged her tightly from behind.

"Jace," She said, turning around in my arms and clutching my shirt for dear life as she focused on her breathing. I slowly began to walk her to our room but her legs were shaking, she was weak so I gently picked her up and walked into the room, locking the door behind me, it was just an instinct. I have no idea why I did that. I walked to the bed and set her down on the bed, clutching her shaking hands and crouching down in front of her.

"Jace, I-I'm so s-scared. I can't d-do this any-more." she stuttered as tears endlessly poured from those loving hazel eyes I knew so well.

"Clary, what are you so scared of? I'm here for you." I reassured rubbing my thumb against her hands in efforts to calm her down.

"That's what I'm afraid of. The times when you won't be here. I can't lose you." she said with tears streaming down her face and a sad smile.

"You WON'T lose me. No matter what the world throws at us, I will find you and I will stay with you forever. I promise." I said, my voice croaking.

"I just don't like this pressure, they don't understand what I've been through." 

"Well we can speak to them, I'll be by your side the entire time. And your not the only one afraid of losing someone," I spoke out, a stray tear rolling down my face. 

"Jace, I can't fight. I feel so weak and it makes me feel so vulnerable." she said truthfully.

"Clary, you need to prioritise your health, let's spend a few days getting your health back on track. And you need to eat more, you have so much on your mind which is stopping you from eating. I'll train you, cook you better meals and you can have a break from any missions."

"I'd like that," she smiled down at me. After a couple more hours of us aimlessly talking about life, she fell asleep on me so I took that chance to gently tuck her in and go talk to the others. She shuffled slightly in her sleep as I put her down on the bed before turning off the lights and slipping out of the room. I walked into Alec's office to see Simon with a bandage on his head, Izzy sitting closely next to him and everyone talking. As soon as they saw me, they went silent.

"What happened?" Luke asked, standing up.

"Her emotions just took over and she lost control."

"Is she okay now?" Izzy spoke up.

"Yeah, she is now. She's just afraid that she'll lose me again." I replied.

"And like that's gonna happen," Simon said sarcastically.

"Excuse me?" I walked right up to him immediately feeling threatened.

"You're crazy, you threw me across the room! I was gonna help her!" he yelled.

"He lost control, it was the rune not Jace. Simon don't start anything again," Magnus warned knowing that the power of the rune could take control again. I turned back to Alec and Magnus, ignoring the vampire trying to get under my skin.

"She's weak. And vulnerable. I told her she can have a few days off and that I'll help train her."

"We all will." Izzy said immediately. "She's family, and if she needs our help, we're here for her"

"Thankyou Izzy," I said, wrapping my arm around her and kissing her head, she always understood where i was coming from and I was beyond grateful for that. 

"There's one more thing, Luke can I speak to you outside," he nodded his head and walked out with me.

"What is it?" he asked, seeing that I was a stressing out.

"I- I know that your pretty much Clary's father and she loves you very much. And I wanted to ask for your blessing for me to marry your daughter." I said, looking at him and trying to read his emotions, which wasn't hard considering the massive grin on his face.

"Of course. When everyone thought Clary was dead and I knew she wasn't, you were the only one who believed me and had faith in the fact that she was alive. Ever since you met her at the very beginning, you've protected her and I know that you'll do that for the rest of her life. Even last year, you never gave up on her and I know you love her. You two are made for each other," He said shaking my hand. "Are you gonna tell the others?"

"I have to, I need Magnus to help me with a ring." I smiled, knowing how happy everyone would be for us.

If I'm completely honest, I've wanted to do this for a long time. I knew she was the one for me the second I met her and we've been through so much that I've realised that life's too short to wait around. Clary and I are already bound together by the angels with our soul-mate runes but I want to make it official and this will reassure her that she will never lose me.

Jace's gonna propose to Clary!?? CLACE! CLACE! CLACE! I'm so happy for them. So what's Simon's problem? Something really doesn't seem right with him? Vote for this chapter and leave any comments, I love replying to them. I love you guys.