Sweet November

Sweet November

23rd November 2041 (Peyton 6 wks old, Roxana and Knox 9 wks old and Matthew 12 wks old)

Aidan's POV (about 7am)

There's nothing better than waking up with the woman that you love. Our naked bodies still a tangled mess from the exhausting love making session from last night and twice this morning. I don't think there's a better way to wake up for your birthday, well there is but this is high up on that list. The sounds of the small footsteps making their way through the room and then the sounds of one very hands on big sister. This has happened every morning since we put Peyton in the nursery last week.

"Peytee, wake ups." Maci said and I winced. Don't wake her up princess! Carefully removing Georgie from my body, I climbed out of bed and slipped on the trackies I had laying on the floor. Mace was now banging something loud in Peyton's room and I was trying to get there as fast as I could. I didn't get very far and then with the loudest thud, I tripped over one of Maci's shoes and went head first into the carpet. Shit, that hurt!

"Daddy's birfday Peytee, we needs make him brekky." Mace said loudly and that caused Peyton to cry. Damn it! It wasn't that long ago that I put her back to bed after she had woken up for a feed. Quickly peeling myself up from the floor, I made my way to the nursery which was opposite from our room. When I walked through the door, Mace was standing on a chair and was hanging inside the cot. My eyes went wide and I couldn't get over there fast enough. How the hell did she get a chair in here?

"Mace baby, you can't do that. You could hurt her if you fell in there." I said softly as I wrapped my arms around my princess and set her on the floor. The way she was looking at me was like I had done something wrong. She was now frowning and her hands were now on her hips.

"But mes helping you." she pouted as I reached in and picked up Peyton, if she gets any louder she'll wake up Georgie and she needs to get some more rest. I did get a little carried away last night but do you blame me? It's been weeks since we'd been able to get intimate, I was making up for lost time.

"I know you were sweetie, but babies need to have lots of sleep and you never wake a sleeping baby." I said as I rocked Pey, her cries now not as loud and she let out a big yawn.

"Sowwy Daddy." she said sadly, now I feel bad for upsetting her but she needs to know she can't do this every morning. I reached out for her hand and walked us over to the rocking chair. Once seated with Pey comfortably in my arm, I patted my knee for Mace to climb up on. Having both girls in my arms, I smiled and kissed both of them on the head as we gazed out the window. I could see Cade out the front moving the cars around, it won't be long before he drags me over there to help him set up. We're having a party over there at his place tonight for our birthday, which should be pretty awesome.

"Should we make Mummy some breakfast. Your favourite banana pancakes?" I asked Mace as I watched Peyton's eyes close. Maci was leaning into my chest as she played with Peyton's hand, maybe if I'm lucky, they'll both fall asleep. I'm not that lucky though.

"Can Peytee helps?" she asked and she gave me those big excited looking eyes and she was starting to bounce a little on my leg. At this rate, Pey's not going to get any sleep at all. Her big sister is going to smother her to death with love but it's cute with what she does though. I also love how Maci pronounces Peyton's name, it's so cute.

"Yeah, she can supervise." I chuckled lightly and rocked a little more before helping Maci off my lap and then got up carefully. We went down to the kitchen and I placed Peyton in her rocker and put her in a spot where I can see her. Maci was dragging her chair over to the bench and got up to wait for me to get the ingredients out. Peyton was now making those cute baby noises and also looked wide awake. Hopefully this routine of Maci waking her up at seven in the morning might help her get into some kind of regular pattern. Well I hope it does.