Chapter#17: 5 Years Ahead

5 years ahead...

I picked up my son from school. On the way back to home, my car punctured. I called Sheriff to pick us up. Our lives were different now, really peaceful. D was married before all of us, she had three pretty kids. I was a single parent but my Sebastian never felt anything missing. I fulfilled his all wishes. Minty broke up with Hans during these five years. Aisla was still studying, she was doing an M. Phil, she had no plans of a marriage, even a relationship, she was always a career oriented person. Sheriff was going to marry Zendaya, a beautiful German girl, really she was so nice, sometimes, she took Sebastian with her for a ride or for an outing. A lot of things happened during this time. Life changing events. Well, my car was now at garage and Sheriff dropped us home.
"Mom, why don't I have a dad?"
I was silent for a moment because of this sudden question.
"Umm.. because you're not an ordinary boy. Every kid requires a couple of parents to raise him. But my boy has a super mom"
I giggled him. We both laughed. My boy was always so patient and never put me in trouble. I raised him like a Prince. He was exact copy of his dad. The habits, perspectives and those face features specifically. My child was whole universe to me. Every Sunday, we used to visit my parents. And when I used to go for my job, I dropped Sebastian at his Grandma's house, I mean at my mum's house. Sebastian had attachment with my family and my friends too. Sheriff always stayed by my side. Sebastian admired him a lot, because just like Sheriff, Sebastian also wanted to do everything on his own. Unlike me, Sebastian had no interest in arts. He liked to visit art galleries and exhibitions, but he had no interest in creating art. He was good at Science. He was a genius student. I never got his complaint from school. He always made my proud.
But, after all these years. Everything was changed. So much changed. But it never changed my love for the person I had in my heart for years. I just don't take his name now.. I tried every possible thing to forget him. But now, I have given up on my efforts to replace him. I failed. I dated multiple people, but every time someone came near me, it freaked me out with those flashbacks. I had Sedrick on my mind, all the time. He didn't love me, and left me to love him. Now I'm feeling like he is a punishment. May be I refused someone's love, ever in my life before. I keep loving Sedrick, and this is my punishment. I try to hate him, but I love him more then. I am sorry Sedrick, for still loving you. I am sorry for myself too.
I called Sheriff to talk about a get together. It had been a long time since we all met.
"Hey Sheriff? What did you think about it?"
"I've talked to everyone, Sunday is ok I think after Church?"
"Yes, absolutely fine with me"
"Who people are coming?"
"Not many, just you, Minty, Aisla and D accompanying her kids. Her husband is busy this weekend. Zendaya will also be there."
"Oh, that's much better."
"Yup darling, see ya later."
"Tata."

I find this chapter quite interesting. Full of mysteries. Read on! Let me know your views in the comments!