Chapter 15

(Still Luke's POV)

What in the world was I thinking. It was so awkward and it was all my fault. If I hadn't brought up that we would still be talking like normal humans.

Bethany looked at the ceiling awkwardly twirling her hair.

"I don't really know what to say to that. I'm sorry but I just really don't know at this point." Bethany said softly.

Bethany's POV

Ok I actually wanted to say the truth which was yes. I honestly loved Luke.

But Ashton.

This was all just a whirlwind of a mess I created myself and I just don't get why I always make everything so complicated.

Luke looked down and kept talking.

"Oh well I should probably go then." He said quietly. Luke walked out of the narrow hallway back to the entrance room and walking out the door, slamming the door with a loud bang.

I didn't know how to handle situations like these so I decided to calmly walk out the door to where Luke was standing.

"Hey, I'm sorry but can we just be friends?" I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I mean yeah I guess why not."

"Do you need a ride?" I asked him.

"Actually yeah I do. I don't know where Ashton went because he stopped answering his phone and I need somewhere to stay so I guess drop me off at a hotel or something."

"You look so tired." I said looking at his pale emotionless face.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock." said Luke in a sarcastic tone.

I chuckled a little and got my car keys from the hook.

"Hop in. I'll take you to Starbucks or something." I said opening the passenger door for him.

Luke's POV

I couldn't believe Beth was being so nice to me. She was always nice and it was shocking. I would have probably lost my shit by now.

I watched her turn the keys and select a pop radio station. She pulled out of her driveway and we were off to Starbucks.

"So what kind of music do you like?" She asked me.

It was such an easy question, but it took me some time to think of an appropriate answer.

"I like bands like Blink-182 and Green Day." I said smiling.

Bethany looked over at me.

"I don't think there's a station for that." she shut off the radio. "But if you have any songs you like on your phone feel free to play them. I've been wanting to discover new music."

I pulled out my phone and unlocked it. I clicked on the "music" app and went to a Green Day album.

American Idiot started playing and Bethany's face was expressionless.

"Do you like it?" I asked chuckling.

"I love it. Its so different from what I normally listen to but thats the amazing thing about it." Bethany said looking at the road.

We parked in Starbucks and we both just sat there for a little.

"You know, Luke you're much more amazing then I thought you'd be." Beth said.

"Wait so you thought I wasn't amazing?" I asked laughing.

"No... it's just that I thought Ashton was for me, but I'm starting to rethink this."

After that everything went silent again.

"You know you're so beautiful. No matter what." I said smiling.

"Oh stop! I have my sweat pants and a plain t-shirt on how is that beautiful?" she asked me.

"You aren't afraid to be yourself." I said tilting my head towards hers.

"I love you." Bethany blurted out.

"There I said it. I always have and always will. You're so different from Ashton you're sweet and amazing and my age and someone who I can relate to tons."

I froze.

Our heads came closer together, till our lips touched. There was a spark. Yes I know how corny that sounds. But its true. Her lips were soft and tasted like berries and I twirled her hair slowly.

She started unbuttoning my shirt and I stopped.

"Whoa there, what are you doing?"

She looked up at me. "Just let me."

She threw off my shirt and went on with kissing me. I didn't want her to stop. It was something about her that made her easy to fall in love with.

Then a car pulled up next to us. Bethany didn't seem to notice though. There was a tall man who stepped out and peeked inside the car. Smiled but then walked into Starbucks.

She started feeling at my chest and pushed me down kissing harder and harder, but then her phone started ringing and bethany jumped up.

"Oh shit!" She whispered.

"what's wrong?" I asked bethany.

"My sister is calling!" Bethany said.

"Luke! button up your shirt!"

I was shaking,but still managed to get it unbuttoned.

She slowly hit answer.

"Hello?"

"Yeah"

"No I'm... uh at Starbucks."

"To get coffee"

"Ok"

"Four-thirty?"

"Ok got it see you then."

She put her phone down and looked at me.

"Uh maybe we should go and get our coffee so I can drop you off at a hotel while my parents are home helping me move out." She said awkwardly.

I smiled, "Ok you can wait out here if you'd like."

*UPDATE*

Ok so I was going to put in that Ashton pulled up but it was awkward so I hope that this is okay (: