Chapter 10

Everthing is a bliss, they get through with so much swift. I didn't notice that the time is running, that it runs faster, faster than you thought.

The smell of alcohol, the cry of the children, the pain that they are feeling, I felt it. The scenery of the hospital, the smell and the feeling.

I raise my palm and brush it to my hair.

Why is it so unfair? The world doesn't want to be fair, yeah, just in me.

My birthday sucks, is this their gift to me?

"Anak, kumain ka muna, kanina ka pa walang imik dyan. Naiwan muna si Earl sa Tita Merry mo." I haven't seen my baby brother this past few days.

I don't know but I have this feeling that they are hiding him from me, that's not a good thought, really.

I looked up at my Papa.

"Wala po akong gana." He tiredly smile at me.

"Eirlys, anak. Kailangan mo ng lakas, manghihina ka nyan." He sit beside me and tap my head.

"Look at your Ate Erin, she ate that's why she have an energy for the whole day. Don't worry, Eirlys. Your Mama will wake up soon." Now, I found my knight in shining armour, my father.

Nakahanap ako ng kakampi, sa wakas may umintindi din saakin.

"Happy birthday, anak. Malaki na pala ang pangalawa ko, hindi ko namamalayan." Papa hold my head and make me lean to his chest.

"Everything will be alright, anak. I promise.." If that's the case, I wish all of this will come to an end.

I stared at the food that Papa gave to me, the canteen is full of different people, with different charactetistics. Some are happy, confuse, and sad. Few are just like me, staring at nowhere.

"Kumain ka na, Eirlys. Uuwi pa kami sa bahay ni Papa, kukuha ng damit. Ikaw ang maiiwan, magbabantay kay Mama." I nodded my head.

I forgot that I have classes today, maybe I should just make an excuse letter.

I eat my breakfast and directly go to Mama's room.

I held her hand and sit beside her.

Ang sabi Papa, naaksidente daw si Mama noong namalengke ito ng madaling araw at nasagi ng rumaragasang motor, they didn't have the heart to get my Mama to the Hospital. Well, their conscience will eat them alive. But I am thankful that she just slip from the slippery ground of the market, no serious damage that she got. Just only a bruise on her shoulders and she just loss consciousness that's why some angel sent to help her get here in the hospital.

Napaupo ako ng tuwid ng unti-unti itong nagmulat ng mga mata, bumaling ang tingin nito saakin.

Kumirot ang aking puso ng dahan-dahan nitong tanggalin ang kanyang kamay mula saaking pagkakahawak.

"Na saan ang Tatay at Ate mo?"

"Umalis po sandali upang kumuha ng damit." She nodded her head.

Pakiramdam ko unti-unting lumalayo ang loob saakin ng sarili kong Ina, at hindi ko alam kung bakit.

May nagawa ba akong masama?

"Gutom ka na ba Ma? Ikukuha kita ng pagkain." Tumayo ako saka lumapit sa lamesa.

Napabuntong-hininga ako ng hindi man lang ito sumagot saakin.

"Umuwi ka na Eirlys, magpahinga ka na lang sa bahay."

Nang dumating sila Papa ay walang imik akong umalis at umuwi, malapit lang naman ang hospital sa bahay namin. Pero hindi ko pa rin alam pauwi.

I decided to call Tita Merry to help me go home, I don't really know what I'm doing. I just walk and walk, I don't where I am leading or going neither. Walking to the nowhere, that's great.