Chapter 13

I hug my knees as the cold wind creep to my skin.

The PAG-ASA already declare that we have no classes today. Because the eye of the storm is just near our city.

The strong and mad rain smash our roof, the noise that coming from our rooftop is too loud that I can't even my own heartbeats.

The wind is scary, the rain is more scary, but the storm is more frightening than those. Maybe the nature wanted us to feel what they felt when the humans slowly kill them. How scary it is to live in a world full of pain and sorrow, a frightening tears and unforgiving revenge.

"Hindi ka ba kakain?" I shook my head.

"Mamaya na, busog pa ako." I buried my face between my knees.

The events are all in bliss, everything went so fast, I didn't even see it coming. I did not expect that this will happen so soon, I know the consequences of my action. That I will fell, fell into a trap. That I, myself did.

Hindi pala ganun kadali, wala nga palang madali sa mundong ito.

I heard her sigh.

"Fine, bumaba ka na lang kapag gutom ka na." Sometimes, I am wondering if they are really did care about me.

My thoughts, my heart, my eyes.. all of my senses. I felt numb, numb for all the things that smash quickly into my life. It's just simple blackmailing, and yet, it made my life so damn complicated.

Akala ko, sa palabas lang ang mga iyon. Sa libro, o kaya naman ay sa internet. I thought this kind of story only exist in someone's mind. I did not expect that it can bury me alive, that this can happen to me.

'Wow! What can you say about the first robot that just arrive from the United States of America, Mr. President?'

'I think this can improve our way of living, this can help us to work, because this is the very first robot that have an emotion. And this can also stop the growing population of our world. So I highly recommend our folks to buy this robot, because it has really have a good benefit for all of us. I haven't use it yet, maybe when the robot is already, prepared to face our world.'

'What can you call this robot?'

'The robot of life.'

I suddenly stood straight and look at the computer, frowning at what the president said.

How come they build a robot that quickly? That's so strange.

I pulled my jacket and wear it as I come near the computer.

This is so unpredictable.

I called Crane using my phone.

Maybe I can give him information, just the important one.

Just what I expected, he answer the call quickly.

"Crane, the first robot has arrive. Your Father is nowhere to be found, what would we do now? What's the next step?"

Pinagsiklop nito ang kanyang mga palad, habang hinihila naman ako ng mga mata niya. Gusto niya ata akong mamatay.

"Ibalik mo ang libro." Kumunot ang noo ko, mabilis akong lumingon dito.

"W-what?"

"The book you stole from that old man, brought it back."

"How would I do that? I haven't even finish reading the book--"

"I know you knew something, Eirlys. Why can't you tell me?" I gulped and avoid having an staring contest at him.

I don't know what to say.