16

England's POV

"What the hell were you and Matthew fighting about?" I demanded as soon as we disbanded away from the group a bit, just enough for no one to hear what we were discussing. "It's..a long story that I feel ashamed telling." Alfred muttered rubbing the back of his neck avoiding eye contact at all costs. "Well if you don't tell me I'll just ask Matt.-" He immediately interrupted me and started telling me what happened.

"So you know how I make jokes when I'm nervous and generally anxious about stuff?" He questioned looking at me with a nervous expression on his face. I nodded and motioned him to continue.

"Well..Matthew got annoyed because you were in danger and I was making jokes. I told him that he was kidding around too and that Prussia was his boyfriend, then he said that it was my fault that you might be dead and I punched him."

"HOLD ON HE SAID IT WAS YOUR FAULT I MIGHT BE DEAD AND YOU PUNCHED HIM!?"

"HE SAID IT WAS MY FAULT YOU MIGHT BE DEAD!"

I took a deep breath and started to rub my eyebrows in annoyance giving him an unamused look. "You both shouldn't of said those rude stuff about each other! France was right! You both should've just knocked it off and walked away before the situation got worse. Yes what Matthew said was awful but don't you understand where that stress came from!?"

"YOU'RE TAKING HIS SIDE! And you said France was right! What the hell is happening to you Arthur?!"

"First of all. I'm not on anyone's side and as soon as I find a way to get Matthew alone I'll chew him out for saying that stuff to you. But you shouldnt of hit him first..you snuck out once just to protect him from some bullies! Now every time you two play baseball you nearly break his arms!" Alfred glanced away and sighed softly looking up at Matthew who was talking to Prussia gently gripping his hand.

"I just..I want to be the hero for everyone I care about! If that Prussia jerk fucks around with him like he's done to woman in the past shouldn't I feel a little protective over Matthew?"

"Yes but..you are taking it to an extreme!" I gently scolded making him pout.

"I know. But I'm not apologizing to him."

"I won't force you too, but you do realize he might apologize to you? Are you going to forgive him or just stay mad at him forever?" I heard him whimper softly and realized I should probably shut up. I was never good at making anyone feel better.

"What about your second point?" He spat out angrily.

"Well..sometimes France isn't a total idiot." I saw his eyes widen in excitement and look at me with the most stupid expression I've seen. "What?!" His excitement was about the same as a puppy's.

"YOU LIKE HIM!" My face turned crimson red and I immediately covered his mouth shushing him. "I do not like that stinky groggy bastard! What on earth makes you think I do!?" I hissed at him as he moved my hand away from his mouth only to have that stupid smirk on his face.

"Welllll I know for a fact he has feelings towards you!" My face immediately grew much more red and I hesitantly motioned him to continue, which he did promptly grinning.

"Well I remember! When me and japan were on a date-"

"Hold on. A what?"

Alfreds face grew ten shades paler when he realized that the person who helped him get the date was Oliver. Not me.

"Eheheh..I'll explain that later! A-anyways! I saw him talking to a girl and when she asked him out she told him there was another in his life!"

"So? What makes you think he mean me?"