Security

Josephine's POV

We have been sitting in an awkward silence for the past hour, I've been pacing up and down the small isle in my trailer while Hero is spread out on my bed while scrolling through his phone. The more and more time I spend with Hero I'm starting to think he didn't cheat, if he did cheat why would he want me to watch the cameras. I want him to have stayed loyal to me but at the same time I don't want have to deal with the embarrassment of being wrong, I was so certain with everyone that he cheated on me.

I run my fingers through my slightly notted hair. I have a few minutes before I have to leave for the security. I grab the hairbrush of my desk and look in the mirror as I drag the bristles through my hair. I can see in the reflection of the mirror that hero is staring at me. I ignore his eyes on me and continue on focusing on my hair. I pick up the small pink perfume and spray it on my neck and both of my wrists. "You're going to go check security cameras, why are you getting all dressed up." Hero's voice picks up and I role my eyes.

I look down and see that I'm wearing baggy gray sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt. "How is this dressing up?" I ask sarcastically while gesturing to my attire. He shrugs. "I mean with the spray shit and brushing your hair." He says while sitting up. "That 'spray shit' is called perfume." I bend my fingers to make quotation marks. "And I'm sorry that my hair was notty and I wanted to brush it out." I mutter while turning around again. I put the spray back on the table and grab a small matching gray jacket that I got with the sweatpants. "Want me to come with you?" Hero asks as I open the door.

Instead of answering him I just walk out and shut the door behind me, signalling no.

I switch my phone on and use the flashlight so I can see the way, it's almost pitch black outside now and for some reason the small amount of lights we have are turned off. Just as I'm a few seconds away from the small security hub I get a message from hero, I don't bother reading it yet. I take in a deep breath and knock on the door. I hear a low voice on the other side of the wall shout out. "Come in." I do as I'm told and shut the door behind me.

"Hi, I'm Josephine. I'm here to check the security cameras from a few nights ago, Anna said that she had already spoken to you." I explain to him and the man just nods while punching in a few keys on the keyboard. I wait patiently and look around the dusty room, multiple cobwebs hang low by in the corner of the rooms and I want to leave as quickly as I can.

"Here." The man says and hooks his finger and gestures for me to go over to him. I stare at the small screen and like hero promised me. Inanna gets pushed off the bench. A sigh of relief leaves my body and the man grunts impatiently. "You done now?" He asks me and I quickly pull away. "Urm yeah, thanks for the help." I mumble and leave the room. I take in a deep breath as I leave the cramped room. It feels good to breath in fresh air. I was only in there for a few moments and I felt like I was getting suffocated.

It hits me, Hero didn't cheat. I've been treating him badly for the past few days for no reason. I owe him big time, but I also have someone else to deal with. I hurry back to my own trailer and pray that he didn't leave when I did. When I open the door again I'm welcomed by a shirtless Hero. He isn't aware of my presence and I swallow back the thoughts consuming me. "Hey..." I trail off. Im embarrassed, I don't think I've ever been this embarrassed in my entire life.

"Can we have sex now." He smiles at me and I feel instantly calmer, he knew the whole time that he didn't do anything wrong yet I constantly beat him up about it. "Not today." I say as I walk over to him, I straddle him and press my forehead against his." He sighs and wraps his arms around me. Both his hands are against my hips pulling me closer to him.

"You're the only one for me, Josephine." That's the only conformation that I need from him. I press my lips against his softly and pull away a few seconds later. "I love you." I whisper against his soft lips and I feel his lips curve into a smile. "I love you too." He pulls my bottom lip between his and sucks slightly. I can't hold back the quiet moan that escapes my lips when he kisses my neck. He quickly finds my sensitive spot and when he does he sucks harder until the point that he leaves a dark purple mark.

"Mine." He smiles and kisses the bruise again. I tilt my head so I have access to his neck. I gently suck at his collar bone until I leave an almost identical mark on him. "Mine." I copy him and he laughs into my hair. "I love you." He repeats himself. "You already said that." I run my finger over his jaw and he moves his face into my hand. I rub my thumb gently up and down.

Hero snores softly. I toss and turn repeatedly trying to find a comfortable position in this small bed. I look over at Hero and I blow lightly on his face to make sure he is for sure asleep.

I lean over him and grab his phone of the nightstand. I guess his password within just two tries. I go onto his chat history with inanna and I see that they've only ever spoken twice and the conversation was short. I quickly type a message before I regret it.

"Hey could you meet me sometime tomorrow. We need to talk." She replies almost instantly.

"Sure, is 12 okay?" I message her back saying that's fine and then delete the messages from his phone, making it look like we had never spoken.