Part 2 : Move On

||Abhishek||

Shubman was continuously weeping and I can't leave him alone in this state. Also, I can't take him to his home cause I know his family will freak out. I decided to take him to Riya's flat. Riya lived alone in a flat so it was the safest place. I immediately texted her.

Me
You home? It's urgent.

Babe ❤️
I'm. What's wrong?

Me
Siya broke up with Shub.
I'm bringing him to your place,
Is that fine?

Babe ❤️
Oh shit!
Yes sure, but why did she
break up?

Me
I'm driving right now. I'll tell you
everything once I reach.

I kept my phone aside and drove us to her place. Shubman had stopped crying by now but was still motionless. I tried to talk but he didn't respond which worried me to hell.

"Shub for God's sake please say something" I said. He turned to me for a second then again looked down. He is my best friend and I just can't see him like this.

I parked the car outside her society and stepped out. I went to the other side the opened the door for Shubman. He looked at me weekly but stood up immediately when he saw we're outside Riya's apartment. We took the lift upstairs and I rang the doorbell​. She opened the door within seconds.

"Oh my God Shub" she broke down seeing his state and immediately hugged him. Shubman hugged her back and started crying again.

"C'mon get inside" she said after breaking the hug. She made Shubman sit in her sofa and handed him a glass of water. Riya signalled me to come with her room and I did so.

"Why did she break up?" She asked, "I don't know, he isn't saying anything. He's completely broken" I replied.

"We need to know what happened out there. I've never seen him this Abhay, my heart is aching looking at his condition" she said.

"Do you think it's the right time?" I asked.

"I don't know, did you guys had dinner?" She asked and I shook my head. "We'll ask him after dinner, take care of him till I finish cooking" she said and left. Over these years Riya and Shubman had come close. They were no longer just good friends but shared a brother-sister relationship.

I went back to the living room and sat beside Shubman. He wasn't crying but looked lifeless. I preferred to stay silent cause asking anything right now might worsen his condition.

After few minutes Riya said she's served the dinner so I stood up from the sofa. Unlike me Shubman didn't.

"Shub come let's have dinner, you​haven't eaten anything since morning" I said but he shook his head.

"Shub​ please" Riya came by now. He refused to speak.

"Shub please, if you don't eat anything, I won't eat either" I said. He looked up.

"Fine" he finally spoke. We all sat for dinner and unlike other days, there was silence this time. Once we were finished, I helped Riya clean the table. Surprisingly Shubman helped us too which made me feel better. Once everything was done all of us went to the living. Me and Riya were sitting opposite to Shubman.