Part 16 : The Media Problem

||Shubman||

"I really can't wait for Sunday to come" Abhay said excitedly.

"Control yaar" I laughed.

We were in the gym near the stadium. We come here everyday for at least two hours since it's really important for us players to stay fit. We usually don't come together but Abhay needed my help for some arrangements in his engagement function, so he picked me up today.

"Tune shopping karli?" Abhay asked me.

"Haan, kal hi gaye the" I replied.

We did our cardio and and were ready to leave when the gym manager stopped us.

"Sir please don't use the main gate" he said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Actually sir a large number of media people are standing outside" he answered.

"Why are they here?" Abhay asked him.

"I don't know sir" he replied shrugging. "I think they're here to see you" he said looking at me after few seconds.

"These people are so annoying" Abhay frowned.

"What do we do now?" I asked Abhay.

"You can use the back gate to get to the parking lot. There aren't any people there" the manager suggested.

"Can you lead us there?" Abhay asked and he nodded.

We followed him till the back gate and we successfully reached our car without getting caught by media. Abhay swiftly drove us out of the parking area and now we're on the main road.

One thing that caught my eye was the number of media people standing outside the gym. Everyone knows I come to this gym daily, what's so special today that they came to capture me?

"Shit" Abhay muttered.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Riya ke 10 missed calls hai. I'm screwed" Abhay said in fear.

"Shit. She's called me 15 times" I said checking my phone.

"Call kar use" Abhay said and I nodded.

I started dialling Riya and she picked up in the first ring itself.

"SHUBMAN! Where the hell were you?" she shouted.

"In the gym. I left my phone in the car" I answered. "What's wrong Riya?" I asked her.

"Check the news on Google. Right now!" she ordered.

I hung up the call and opened the news headlines on google when a headline caught my eyes.

"Indian cricket team captain Shubman Gill spotted with mystery girl. Is she his new lady love?"

Just below the headline there was a blur picture. I zoomed it and realised it was a picture from yesterday. I was inside the shop talking to Deepak and Anya was beside me, her back facing the camera.

What the-? Who clicked this?

No one would recognise Anya but it was easy to recognise me.

"What happened Shub?" Abhay asked when he saw a worried expression on the face.

"The media caught us" I replied, my eyes still fixed on the phone.

"Caught who?" he asked in confusion.

"Me and Anya" I replied.

"What?!" Abhay said in shock. "How?" he asked.

"I don't know Abhay" I replied running my fingers through my hairs.