Part 14 : Mending relation

||Anya||

Knock knock.

Ugh, who's knocking my door at midnight?

I dragged myself to open to door but was surprised to find no one on the other side. I'm sure I heard a knock.

Knock knock.

What the hell it's coming from the window! Last time it was Shubman but I'm sure it's not him this time 'cause he's not in town and even if he was, he won't​ come 'cause we ain't on talking terms.

It was petrifying. Who would come at this time? I grabbed a bat placed near my study table and started walking towards the window.

I opened the curtains and was about attack the person when he screamed.

"ANYA!"

"SHUBMAN?!" I yelled perplexed.

"Were you planning to kill me?" He asked, shocked as ever seeing me hold that bat.

"Who comes from the window like that at midnight?" I complained.

"Shubman Gill" he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Will you let me in now?" he asked.

"Shit I'm sorry" I replied and pulled him inside the room.

"Shub you need to start using the main door of my house" I told him.

"You wanted me to ring the doorbell at this time?" he asked with wide eyes.

"You could have informed me at least. You scared the life out of me" I sighed. "Again" I added.

"It was supposed to be a surprise" he explained.

"It's shock, not surprise" I said.

"Ain't you happy to see me here?" he asked 'cause he was definitely expecting a better reaction to his surprise.

I realise I'm such an idiot. We weren't on talking terms still he came to surprise me. I'm such a bore.

"Tum kal aane wale the na?" I asked him.

"Haan flight kal thi but" he trailed off.

"But?" I asked him to finish.

"I wanted to apologise" he said, "for everything I said and for ignoring you" I said with guilty eyes.

"You came early for me?" I asked, still not believing what he said.

He nodded. "I'm​ sorry Anya" he said remorsefully.

I literally didn't know what to say, I still can't believe he's actually standing in front of me apologising. I went to him and hugged him, not really tightly.

"Don't say sorry Shub, it was my fault" I mumbled.

"But it was me who overreacted and exaggerated the matter" he replied hugging back.

"I missed you" I said breaking the hug.

"I missed you too" he smiled.

"I'm tired" he sighed, "can we sit and talk?" he asked pouting.

"Sure" I laughed. He looks so cute whenever he does that.

We sat on my bed with Shubman on left side and me on right.

"You know there wasn't a single day I didn't think about you and wished everything became alright" he confessed.

"Really? You could have just called me if you were missing me so much" I replied.