Part 25 : A promise

||Anya||

"Di are you ready? We're getting late" Aryan asked me from downstairs.

"Almost" I replied.

Yes, today is my engagement with Shubman and I'm both excited as well as nervous.

Mom arranged a helper from a beauty parlour to get me ready and now I'm good to go.

I walked downstairs where mom and Aryan were waiting for me.

"Do I look fine?" I asked Aryan nervously.

"I never thought I'd say this but you look beautiful" he chuckled. Just brother-sister things you know.

"My pretty girl" mom kissed my forehead. "You look absolutely gorgeous" she added smiling.

"Thank you maa" I smiled at her.

"Let's go, the car is waiting" Aryan said and we moved outside.

The car took us to the hall where our engagement is supposed to happen. We reached there in ten minutes as it wasn't really far from my house.

The hall was almost empty as none of the guests have arrived yet. Shubman and his family arrived before us.

"Anya, you look so beautiful" Shubman's mother exclaimed looking at me.

"Thank you aunty" I smiled at her.

"Where is Shubman?" My mom asked her.

"He's upstairs with Abhay, Riya, Manjot and Myra" she replied. "Why don't you go and meet them? They were waiting for you" she added for me.

"Okay" I replied and walked up through the stairs.

"You're finally here!" Myra exclaimed looking at me as I entered the room they were in.

All of them looked so good. And talk about Shubman, I honestly couldn't take my eyes off him. Perfection exists in his form.

"You look amazing" Abhay complimented me.

"So do you Abhay" I complimented back.

"I always do" he smirked and Riya rolled her eyes.

"I think we should go downstairs. The guests may start arriving anytime" Riya said.

"She's right" Manjot agreed. "We should go and help downstairs" he added.

"Thanks guys" I thanked them.

"It's our duty" Myra smiled at me.

"Let's go guys" Abhay said and the four of them left, leaving Shubman and me alone in the room.

I could sense the awkwardness in the air as soon as they left. I didn't know what to speak.

"So.. ready for this?" Shubman broke the silence.

"I think so but I'm bit nervous" I said honestly.

"It's going to be fine" he said holding my hand.

"Hopefully" I sighed.

"By the way, you look breathtaking" he complimented me making my cheeks go red.

"Thank you" I replied pushing a hair strand behind my ear to hide the blush.

"It's okay to blush when a hot guy compliments you" he smirked.

"You're too self obsessed" I giggled shaking my head.

"You agree with me" he shrugged. Honestly, I do.

Shubman's phone rang the next moment.

"Okay we're coming" Shubman said to the person on call and hing up.