Part 9 : Surprise

||Anya||

I was woken up by the annoying sounds of my alarm. I shut it without even opening my eyes. I then lazily sat on the bed and unintentionally saw the time on the wall clock.

It's 8am. Shit!

That's when I realised that my alarm has been buzzing since past one and half hour and I was in such deep sleep that I couldn't hear it. I have to visit Shubman's parents today and I've already started late. Great!

I rushed to my bathroom to take bath. I need to shampoo my hair today as it's my first visit to my 'to be in-laws' house so I need to look good. I hurriedly took a bath and came out and dried my hair using the hair dryer. I left them open and wore a pair of shorts and tee and went downstairs to have breakfast.

Upon reaching downstairs I heard voices coming from the kitchen. I heard a masculine voice which I was sure wasn't of Dad and even Aryan. I moved to the kitchen to check who the person is.

"You" I said perplexed looking at Shubman. He was wearing an apron and was helping my Mom in cooking breakfast. What is he doing here at this time? He was supposed to pick me at 10am.

"Yes me" he laughs.

"What're you doing here?" I asked going towards him.

"Ain't you happy to see me here?" He asked laughing.

"No I didn't mean that. I thought you're coming at 10am" I said.

"Shubman is joining us for breakfast you know" my mom smiled.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Kitne questions poochti ho" Shubman facepalms himself.

"Acha sorry" I laugh.

"Shubman is really sweet. He even helped me in cooking breakfast" Mom tells me. Looks like she's totally impressed with Shubman.

"You can cook?" I questioned.

"Of course, I'm a great cook" he smirks.

"Impressive" I complimented.

"Thanks" he chuckles.

"Tum dono baat karo, mai Dad to chai dekar aati hoon" Mom said and left.

"Ab batao kya baat hai, I'm sure tum yahan subah subah breakfast banane toh nhi aaye hoge" I said.

"I'm here for your parents" he says.

"My parents?" I ask confused.

"That day at the people's park, do you remember what you said?" He asked. I tried recalling that day but I couldn't​figure out what he's talking about.

"No" I replied.

"You said your Dad wants you to marry a nice​ guy" he said emphasising on the word 'nice'. "I'm just trying to show that I'm worth his daughter and that I can take good care of you" he added. My lips formed a 'u' hearing what he said. I could barely stop smiling. He cares so much for everyone, he's an absolute gem.

"Thanks Shub" I smile.

"Why're you saying thanks? He's my Dad too, well not yet, but he'll be very soon. I'm just trying to be a good son" he said. I just smiled and kept on staring him. He's so adorable, how can someone not love him?

"Di chalo breakfast kar lete hai. Bhaiya aap bhi aiye" Aryan called us.

"Tum jao baitho, mai aur Anya breakfast lekar aate hai" Shubman told him. Shubman has cooked pasta for all of us. We carried the breakfast and went to dining and placed it on the table. Shubman and I served the food to everyone and then took our seats. Shubman and I sat on one side, Mom and Aryan opposite to us and Dad sat on the head's seat.