Part 5 : Friends?

(Sunday)

||Abhay||

"So, what's the plan?" I ask Riya while applying some gel to my hair. All four of us are visiting a lake today which is situated in the outskirts of Delhi.

"I don't know, I just want them to spend some time together" she replies.

"You think it'll work?" I ask, "we can at least​ try" she says and I nod.

We were still getting ready when I heard the doorbell. I was​ expecting it to be Shubman and there he is. He's wearing a black shirt and jeans. He came inside and we sat on the sofa. I was ready but Riya wasn't done yet so we had to wait a little.

"Where are we going?" Shubman questioned.

"A lake adjacent to a people's park" I reply.

"Where is it?"

"It's in the outskirts"

"Why there? We can visit some amusement park or mall instead, I'm damn sure it'll be more fun" he says narrowing his eyebrows.

"Cause we have been to those malls and amusement parks a billion times before" Riya says joining in. "C'mon Shub, let's explore and it's a quiet and beautiful place" she adds.

"Fine" he said.

After this we moved to the car. I took the driver's seat and Riya sat beside me. Shubman was at the back seat. I started driving and Shubman gave me the directions to Anya's house and we reached there in twenty minutes.

"I'll get her" I say, "I'm the only one who's left unintroduced to her family" I add.

"Okay" they both say in unison.

I got out of the car and went to their doorstep and rang the bell. After a few seconds a girl in her twenties opened it, she must be Anya.

"Hello, you're Anya right?" I ask giving a smile.

"Ya and you're Abhishek Sharma" she says returning the smile.

"You know me?" I ask, "who doesn't know you" she replies, "please come inside" she adds and lead me to her living room. As I entered, I saw her whole family sitting there. All of them smiled looking at me and I reciprocated.

"So Abhishek that's my Dad, mom and my brother" she tells me pointing at them.

"Hello son" his Dad approached me and we shook hands. "Nice to meet you sir" I reply.

"Hello ma'am" I greet her mom. "Hello beta" she replies.

"Hey I'm Aryan" her brother smiled.

"Nice to meet you Aryan, I'm Abhishek" I introduce myself.

"Where are the others?" Her Dad asked confused.

"Shubman and Riya are sitting in the car. Actually I was the only one you people didn't know about so I thought I should just introduce myself" I explain.

"That's totally fine, where are you guys going by the way?" He asks.

"It's an old lake outside the city, we have never really been to that place so it'll be fun I guess" I reply and he nods.