Part 7 : Will you marry me?

||Riya||

"Hum kaha jaa rahe hai Abhay?" I asked him for the umpteenth time.

"Have patience babe, I told you it's a surprise" he said.

Abhay is behaving weird today. He called me this morning and asked me to be ready by 7pm and that he's a surprise for me. Though I'm habitual to this but today seems different, he looks way too excited making me more curious.

He started driving and after few minutes I actually recognised the streets. I've been to these streets a thousand times before.

"Are you taking me to your farmhouse?" I asked.

"You guessed it right" he replied still looking at the front.

"Aaj toh koi party nhi hai, phir hum vaha kyun ja rahe?" I ask.

"Riya" he rolls his eyes. "Bas thodi der aur, phir sab pata chal jayega" he tells me.

"Okay" I nod.

We reached his farmhouse after few minutes and stepped out of the car. He took my hand and in his and led us inside. It was all dark in the hall and suddenly the door behind us closed. Also I could no longer feel his grip on my hand.

"Abhay!" I called out but no response.

"ABHAY!" I called out louder but again no response which scared me to hell. It was too dark for me to search for the switches.

"Abhay please you know I'm scared of dark" I said on verge of crying.

Suddenly the lights turned on and the next sight left me in absolutely shock. The entire hall was beautifully decorated with flowers and balloons and Abhay was on his knees.

"What are you doing Abhay?" I ask confused.

"Riya, it's been five years since we're dating but from day one I know you're the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. My heart was a desert until you came and watered it with your love. I know my life will never be complete without you beside me to share it. I'm not scared of facing any problem if I have you with me" he said and I was crying by now.

"I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy more than me. I love you and I always will. So will you marry me?" He said forwarding a ring.

For a second I couldn't believe that this is actually happening. I was just smiling and crying. I've waited for this moment all my life and it's finally happening.

"Yes Abhay, I love you" I said still crying. He slipped the ring onto my finger and hugged me. This hug was different, it was special. I hugged him tightly and cried on his shoulders.

"Don't cry baby, today is a special day" he said wiping my tears. "I love you" I said again.

"I love you too" he replied and was about to place his lips on mine when -

BOOM! Shubman and Manjot appeared from both sides and bursted the party popper on us.

"Your timing is miserable" Abhay commented making me laugh.

"Thank you" they laughed.

"Guysssss!" I heard a voice behind us. It was Myra. Anya and Myra came with a cake and placed it in front of us and handed me a plastic knife.