•05•

The slaughter King's ceremony was due tomorrow, so we had to leave the palace on the previous day. Thankfully, Joo was back in the battlefields. I instructed the generals who remained in the palace to bring Joo back to the palace tonight.

"Tell him that the princess had left the palace for an urgent meeting." I instructed the generals.

They promised to watch him closely and report if any danger was to happen. I was tying up my black hair in a ponytail when I heard a knock on the door.

"Everything is ready for the departure, princess." I heard general Wook's voice say.

I stepped out of the quarters and walked towards the palace, accompanied by general Wook. We got up on our horses and our journey started. We crossed many lands which were battlefields a few months ago. Thankfully, we arrived at the slaughter King's palace by noon. I stared at the huge gates and gulped. Seeing the gates made me realise that I was actually in our sworn enemy's premises and it made me think how risky this could be.

The gates opened and we were welcomed by the general and the commander. The general greeted us rather warmly, which took me by surprise. The commander, on the other hand, gave me a small bow as I smiled with him.

"Welcome to our kingdom, princess. You all must be tired. Let me show you your rooms..." he said as he took the lead.

"The king informed that he will visit the princess as soon as he got a chance." the general said, glancing at me.

The palace was beautiful, with many gardens and ponds lying here and there. Other than the king's harsh ruling, the palace looked like it belonged to someone who is calm and quiet. General Wook and general Young were guided to their rooms, which stood by the other generals' rooms.

"Make yourselves at home..." the general instructed, as they stepped in.

"Now, let me guide you to your room, Princess Ran." the commander said, as he walked forward.

I followed him, leaving the three generals behind. The palace was huge, and I looked around mesmerised by its beauty. The fact that I was alone with the commander made me feel both awkward and defenceless. I rested my hand on the sword, reminding myself that I could defend myself.

"The prince suggested that the princess should be given the suite with the most beautiful view..." the commander suddenly said as he turned around.

I was so worried about my safety that his words made me jump. The commander noticed my movement as he stopped.

"Don't worry princess. I or anyone of the slaughter King's people will not attack you within our palace walls. We believe that you have been true to your words, so we are doing the same. Please make yourself comfortable and...... no need to always keep your hand on your sword." He explained, glancing down at my hand.

Quickly taking my hand away, I nodded. He may seem scary, but his words soothed me.

"Oh, I almost forgot. The new Slaughter king has already taken the throne, princess. We weren't able to hold the ceremony, so that is what we are having tomorrow." The commander said.

"Oh..... I wasn't aware of that...." I said as I followed him towards the door at the end of the hall.

He approached a huge door and opened it up. I found myself unable to hold in my gasp. The room was beautiful, which had an amazing view of the whole kingdom. I turned around to face the commander.

"It's really beautiful... I bet the king has a good taste in beauty." I commented.

The commander's small green eyes grew a bit big as a chuckle left his mouth. I've never seen him smile before since he was dead serious always. I couldn't help but smile back since his smiling expression suited him better. He combed his dull brown hair with his hand and cleared his throat.