●28●

We arrived at Joo's palace by evening. After stopping our horses by the stables, we walked over to the palace to be warmly welcomed. Joo and Yoshi stood on top of the steps, Joo's generals right behind him.

"What is all this?" Ogum chuckled as Joo came forward to meet us.

"I just wanted you two to have a warm welcome..... Good to see you." Joo said, patting Ogum lightly on the back.

"And you too Ran." He said as I smiled back at him.

Yoshi gave us a broad smile as we both approached her. Hoon was right by Ogum's side, and he bowed when Joo approached him.

"Let's get straight into business, shall we?" Joo said as the other men laughed.

"Please follow us." Yoshi said and we followed Joo and Yoshi to the meeting.

The boring meeting went on like forever, and I found myself wondering about Jae again.

"Ran!" I looked up to see Yoshi whispering at me.

I leaned close towards her and she whispered in my ear again.

"Shall we head out? This is boring." She said, as if she read my mind.

I nodded eagerly and excused ourselves from the meeting and walked out. I took a sharp, deep breath of fresh air.

"The palace is beautiful in this season, isn't it?" I said, looking at the trees, which were shedding their leaves.

"Yes. The view of the Owu river is breath-taking as well." Yoshi said, leaning against a wall.

I looked over at her as she smiled at me brightly. She resembled InHo a lot, for after all she was his sister.

"Hey Yoshi, how is InHo?" I asked and she looked at me, shocked.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked that..... I thought as she cleared her throat.

"I..... cut ties with him. I made sure to tell him that he and I should never step on each other's paths." she said, looking away.

"Yoshi....I'm sorry." I said and opened my arms.

She hugged me instantly, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"I never want InHo to ruin yours or my life anymore." she said, looking at me.

I gave her a proud look, and she giggled childishly. We walked all over the palace talking about what's going on at the two kingdoms.

"My ladies, the kings are looking for you." A general came running towards us, yelling his message on the way.

"We'll be on our way. Thank you." Yoshi said, and he nodded.

Yoshi hooked her arm in mine and walked over to the meeting room, chatting on the way. I wanted to ask her about the Ryong clan and Jae so bad, but I knew it will only put her in danger.

We were passing the newly built building when I spotted them.

"That building wasn't there when I used to be here." I said, pointing my finger towards the new building.

"Oh..... that. That's the soilders' quarters." Yoshi replied shortly, taking me towards the building.

I looked at it when my eyes crossed over something. It was a painting, painted on the side of the new building. I looked at it for few seconds when Yoshi brought me back to reality.

"What's wrong Ran?" She asked as I looked away from the painting.

"Nothing. Let's go. They must be waiting." I replied and hurried away.