●22●

"No way. No way..." Ohana mumbled.

"Ohana.. I'm sorry." I apologised.

"My sweet child! Thank the gods!! He's alive." She said, happy tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Ohana" I shook her gently as she looked at me.

"I think you of all people should meet him." I said, but she shook her head.

"I'll rather dig my grave than look at that innocent boy. I'm too cruel." She said silently.

"He never speaks badly of you. I believe that he'll be glad." I assured her.

"Now isn't the time dear. Later. Maybe later." She said, leaving the room while wiping her tears.

I offered to take her to the village and she accepted it for my relief. The journey was silent and she gave me a bitter hug as I left towards Hoon's kingdom. As the horse continued forward my mind kept thinking about Ohana. Is it possible? I wondered. I raced to the palace without taking a break. I reached the palace gates by noon and entered.

"Take him to the stables for me." I told the solder who was near the stables.

I should find Hoon. Soon as possible. I thought as I walked over to his chambers. Few minutes passed and I was in front of his chambers.

"Your majesty. It's me, princess Ran." I called out and the door slid open in an instant.

"Princess. I wasn't aware of your return." Hoon stepped out, the mask covering his face.

"I'm sorry for the sudden turn of events your majesty. But-" I broke mid sentence, as I eyed the guard by the door.

"-could we talk somewhere private?" I asked him.

Hoon got my hint and nodded, guiding me to his rose garden. The roses were blooming at this time of the year, and it was beautiful to watch.

"Yes princess?" He asked me, bringing me back to reality.

I'll get straight to the point. I thought as I cleared my throat and took a deep breath.

"On the night of the ceremony. Was it your men who attacked?" I asked him.

Hoon looked at me as if I was possessed by some ghost.

"What are you talking about?" He asked me.

"Hoon. Tell me the truth." I demanded but he held me tightly by my wrist.

"Princess. I promise. I AM telling the truth." He said pulling me to him.

"So, it wasn't you?" I asked him once more.

"No princess. Now, tell me what happened." He asked me as I opened up to him.

"Princess Ran. It really wasn't me." Hoon stated at least for the hundredth time after my explanation.

"Then, we were tricked. Joo might attack us." I said grimly.

"We'll tell that it wasn't us. Princess Ran, you can convince him, right?" Hoon asked desperately.

"Hoon, I'm sorry. I was banished." I said, hanging my head low with embarrassment.

"WHAT!?" he asked as I hung my head low and shrugged.

"Hey, it's not your fault. Besides..." he said, brushing his fingertip over my lower lip.

"...I'll figure out a way. I promise." He said landing a tender kiss on my lips.

What did he just do? I was dumbfounded and shocked to see this side of him. I pushed him slowly as Ogum poped into my head. But Hoon obviously being stronger than me, trapped my hand in his.