●16●

"Princess Ran!? I'm coming in!" I heard Hoon's voice.

Before I could protest, Hoon's  sword cut through the lock and he entered the room in a hurry. My room was a mess, since I have dropped the box on the floor. He walked through the fallen things without stepping on them and ran over to me.

"I think I got my memories back." I said before even he asked me anything.

Hoon froze and looked at me. Then his eyes studied the room carefully.

"What? How? When?" His voice sounded worried.

"I might have remembered one small part" I corrected my previous statement, as he helped me up.

"Your shaking. How about we get some fresh air?" He asked.

I nodded in agreement and he took me out after we arranged the place.

On my way, I explained about me loosing my memories and now getting them back. He listened carefully, but didn't answer. We reached the most peaceful and deserted garden in the palace and sat on a bench.

"I'm sorry about earlier, princess. I didn't mean to hurt you." He said looking away.

"It's fine. It's not like I meant to hurt you either." I replied, letting the summer breeze hit my face.

I closed my eyes and sighed deeply, unable to make the puzzle. There were still so many missing pieces, so I couldn't complete it.

"But what you said wasn't a lie either." I heard Hoon's voice say.

I shot my eyes open when I felt Hoon's fingertip brush against my cheek. He was tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and I spotted him doing that. His hand moved away immediately, as he looked away uncomfortably.

"What isn't a lie?" I asked him.

"The fact that I'm a coward." He shrugged.

"Look, Hoon. I'm s-" I started but he stopped me.

"No no. That's alright. So I decided to fight to what I want." He said.

"Hoon, I don't want blood in my hands." I said.

"Then we will double cross him. Will you help me, princess?" He asked me.

"Give Jae a piece of his own medicine? You have my support, your majesty." I said as he beamed with happiness.

The rest of the morning was spent around Ogum and Hoon. We did our best to find weak spots about Jae. Marshal was appointed to search for his whereabouts in the capital.

"Hoon, please let me join the marshal." I pleaded.

"The last time you two went together, I found you in the forest alone, princess. I cannot let any harm happen to you." He said.

After persuading him for hours, I got him to loosen up a bit.

"Fine. But, I'm along as well." He instructed and left the room.

"What!? Then who's going to handle the palace?" Marshal asked in shock.

"I'll leave it to the generals." He said sternly, turning to leave.

"we'll leave by noon." Hoon said to us and we nodded enthusiastically.

Rumors spread around the palace within minutes, saying that the king was taking his bride outside the palace. Well Hoon covered all the suspicions now... I thought as I walked to my room. My attire has already arrived. It was a sea blue kimono like dress, which had a closed neck. The dress was less royalty like and I fugyred that I could blend in well with the capital's crowd with it.