•07•

I woke up the next morning when the sun was about to rise. Still half asleep, I dragged mtself out of the bed and towards the window. I watched the breath-taking scene as the sun appeared from behind the mountains far away.

How in the world did I get back to the room.....? I wondered, rubbing my sore eyes.

As I thought hard, the horrible memory of my brother's agreement came to my mind. I could no longer cry over it. Moving away from the window, I was about to call Miri, when I heard her voice from the other side of the door.

"Good morning princess. How are you feeling?" She spoke up, her voice rather kind than other days.

"Good morning Miri. I'm fine.... please come in." I said as she came in hesitantly.

"I was worried to see you return back so late yesterday...." she said, looking at me with worried eyes as I sat down on the bed.

"Um..... how exactly did I get here yesterday night, Miri?" I asked curiously.

Miri's face dressed up with a huge smile as she leaned in closer.

".... his majesty brought the princess.... cuddled in his arms." She said in a whisper.

I felt my heart skip a beat and my face get hot with embarasment. Miri was waiting for me to say something, but I knew that nothing like that happened between the king and me yesterday.

"....I should get changed." I said, holding up from the bed in an instant.

She gave me a smug look and stepped out of the room, closing the doors behind her.

Phew..... I thought, getting up.

I unfolded my attire and wore it as quickly as I could. I pulled my hair in a ponytail as usual and stepped out of room to meet general Wook and general Young.

Better tell them about the agreement.... I thought, heading towards their rooms.

•••••

"I heard about it testerday..... I thoufht it was just an absurd rumor. This..... cannot be true." General Wook said, looking at me with confusion.

I looked at the two generals nervously, not knowing what to say.

"Princess. we will support you always, even if it means loosing our positions in King Joo's army...." General Young said, looking straight in my eye.

Wook nodded in agreement.

"Well, I'm glad. But, please let me know if you'll reconsider." I said, taking my leave.

I walked back to the main palace when when I noticed that I have nothing to do in specific. I spent the whole morning walking around. Eventually in the evening, I ended up in the royal physician's quarters.

"Ah! Princess Ran. What a pleasant surprise!!" I heard Yeongsoel's voice as I entered the room.

"I decided to come bother you since I don't have anything to do." I said as he offered me a chair to sit.

"Ho-Ho! Bother? Not at all! I would be glad to talk with you. Is there anything on your mind princess?" He asked delightfully.

"Well, I would like to know about the Slaughter King a bit..... if it's alright. I've noticed that he knows plenty about me, but I know nothing..." I said, laughing.

"I will be glad to tell you about everything I know about the Slaughter King, princess Ran." He said as he started his story.

The whole morning passed as the physician's stories went on. I enjoyed the elderly man's company and I believe that I've learnt so many things from him.