●29●

"Princess Ran! It's an honour to finally meet you." I was greeted by many emperors and generals, as we entered the feast.

Ogum stayed by my side, and he introduced himself to the crowd as well. As Ogum started a talk about politics with some other emperor, I spotted Hoon standing by the fireplace all alone.

He's all alone.... I wonder if it's boring for him? I thought as I walked over to him.

I was about to think of a way to make him come here when music started to blast through the stage.

"King Ogum, I'll be glad to be your first dance!" An excited young princess came to him, her eyes twinkling.

"I'll be more than glad." He said and took her hand, winking at me on the way.

I smiled and watched as Ogum and the princess danced in the dance floor.

"Are you just going to let someone else grab your one just like that?" I jumped up in surprise when I heard Hoon's voice next to my ear.

"Well, no one said that we are together." I said, chuckling.

We stood there in silence, watching them for a few minutes.

"Go on. Grab a girl and dance." I said, elbowing Hoon.

"Pfft.... The only one I want to dance with is right next to me." My head snapped towards him at his words and he gave me his hand.

"What do you say, princess?" He asked, giving me a charming smile.

"I'm sure the slaughter king owes me a dance after all." I said, giving my hand to him.

He guided me to the crowd of dancing couples and started the dance.

"I'm sure he does. After all, you were mine right then." He said and twirled me.

I blushed at his words, knowing that it came from the genuine side of him. Our dance went on until a stranger came up to us.

"I'm the Prince of the Kyosu kingdom. May I seal this beautiful woman for a second?" He asked, giving Hoon a very charming smile.  

Hoon lowered his head and smiled, leaving me with the stranger.

"Well, well I am honoured." He said, placing a hand to my waist and twirling me around.

"Oh please, why an honour?" I asked, as we danced.

"To meet the most rumored princess who is known to be courageous and brave. That's certainly a honour." He said, giving me a small smile.

I laughed at his reply and danced with him for a bit more, before he excused himself and told his goodbyes.

"Have a good night, princess Ran..." he said, tilting his head to the side, revealing his well toned neck.

I stopped as I saw Jae's familiar burn mark on his neck. My eyes narrowed and met his hooded ones, which was now matched with a dangerous smile.

"..... It was simply a pleasure to have a dance with you." He said before I could even speak a word.

His grip on me tightened, as he pulled me closer. I tried to free myself from him when his lips touched my ear.

"I was instructed to tell you that master himself would meet you....soon." he said before leaving me alone in the dance floor after placing a kiss on my hand.

I watched him leave the feast unnoticed, his companions following him out. I kept standing in the middle of the dancing couples and waited, unable to think of what to do. Just then, a hand grabbed my elbow and pulled me back.