Chapter 11: The Red Head Herbalist

I woke up the next morning feeling a little groggy from sleeping for so long. I ended up falling asleep around 7 P.M and waking up at 9 A.M. 9 A.M?! I'm gonna be late. I hurried to change out of my clothes, clean up my hair a little, and rush out the door only to find Obi waiting for me.

"Did you oversleep?" He teased me. I ignored it as Obi was guiding me to the medical wing. "Here we are, the medical wing." I look over at the hundreds of herbs, each having a different scent or color.

A/N: anything that involves plants and herbs from here to the end, is not confirmed to be true. I make it up as I go.

I picked up one and smelled it. It smelled like chocolate. I found another one that had a dark green mixed with a baby blue and had the shape of a pear. I mixed them together to make powder. I added boiling water to it and got a sort of coffee.

"We meet again, Shirayuki." A familiar voice said. "Good morning, Garak." I  greeted Garak with a smile. She had told me that there was some one that was complaining about drowsiness and said they had a headache.

I go to look near the beds to see a young woman laying down. She seemed to be around twenty years old. The woman had black hair and there was a bird next to her. "Hello there, I'm Shirayuki. I'm here to help you."

"I'm Kiharu. I don't work in the castle. I am a guest that is working to help out these types birds," Kiharu pointed to the bird. "Okay then. Can you tell me when you started to feel drowsy."

"About when I started working here."

"What were you doing?"

"A lot of studying"

"That could be why you feel drowsy. You overworked and then got a headache for stress."

"That sounds about right."

"You can rest, I'll go make a painkiller"

"Thanks a bunch"

I sat down at a desk. I grabbed bark from a birch tree and used it as aspirin. Note: I believe that is true.

Kiharu used the aspirin and went to sleep. I was waiting around my office all day, being stared at by Obi. It was a little weird, but I got used to it. "You can go now," I heard a voice say. It was Garak. I thanked her and said goodbye to her and Ryu.

I asked Obi if I could go into town and he agreed. We went to the gates and walked on the trail, leading us to the town. We walked around, had a bite to eat, and started heading back to the castle.

As we were on our way back, Obi froze. "Obi?" I asked. He was staring at one spot. I looked in the direction and my eyes widened.

Sorry, I know I usually post earlier in the week.