Chapter 16: Dark

I managed to fall asleep even though I was scared. In my dream, there were several people, all looking for me. They weren't looking at me directly, as if I wasn't there. All of a sudden, there was darkness that was spreading. All of the men and women looked at me. "Come with us." They ordered. "We can take you to somewhere safe" They told me. My head started to hurt. Like someone was hitting it with a hammer. The people kept talking and telling me to go with them.

I then suddenly felt something grab my arm and pull me. I woke up, drenched in sweat and out of breath. I saw Obi was holding onto my arm. He put his finger to his lips, signaling to be quiet.

There was more banging on the door that led to the basement. I almost squealed, but I knew that I couldn't. Obi approached the door while Garak and Ryu hid behind one of the beds.

Obi opened the door and heard a voice. It sounded like a child. Obi looked out the door to find a teenager. "Please don't attack me. I am with the Lions of the Mountains. I was captured by a terrorist group on my way to Clarines. I was looking for someone with red hair. She is about 18 now. Have you seen her?"

I knew it was me, but I didn't know what the kid wanted. Obi invited the kid in for some strange reason, he was probably just being reckless. He gave me the signal to stay hidden while Garak and Ryu came out.

"So, why do you need this girl with red hair?" Obi asked the kid. "Our chief had a wife. Her wife had red hair, almost like an apple. On the day she gave birth, she passed away. The chief didn't know how to take care of his child, so he left her with his parents. We have lost track of her since then. I wasn't able to go search for her due to being captured."

I though about the story for a second. The only part I could remember is running away from somewhere, I don't remember where though. Obi believed him and said, "you can come out now." I came out from behind the bed. "Um... hello?" I told the boy. His eyes were wide. He had light brown hair and looked beat up.

"We should probably treat your injuries. They look pretty minor."

"Are you Shirayuki?" He asked me. I had to think whether I should answer that question or not, "Yes, my name is Shirayuki."

I gonna leave it here. I had already had this chapter planned and I'm gonna try to post another one sometime this week.