Chapter 38: Picnic

Obi was watching me closely for about a month after I "disappeared" to go see Zen. He made me come with him to train after working from eight in the morning until six o'clock then have to train from 6:30 till 8:30. By the time I'm done, I'm too tired to see Zen.

After training, I sat in my room to read and eventually fell asleep. My dream was very odd that night. A bunch of plants—herbs growing around me. I saw Zen cutting through the herbs as they surrounded him, starting to engulf the entire castle.

When I woke up, Obi was knocking at my door. As I opened it, I heard him sigh. "Mornin', Master asked if he could see you," Obi yawned. It was pretty obvious that he was still tired. I looked at the clock to see that it was seven in the morning.

I followed Obi to Zen's office to see him half asleep. "Master, I brought Little Miss," Obi said. Zen looked up and smiled. "Hey Shirayuki. Mitsuhide, I'm gonna go on break!" Zen announced.

I walked out to the garden with Zen, only to find that he set up a picnic. "I thought I could do a little something special," he chuckled. I was so happy, I gave him a huge hug.

"What if we told them? Mitsuhide, Kiki, and Obi," Zen questioned. "I mean, we have been secretly dating for almost a month now." I nodded, slowly falling asleep as I heard him talking.

I've been working for about thirteen hours a day and getting five or six hours of sleep each night. I have to wake up at seven and then be able to be alone at nine at night. I usually read until about eleven, then I have trouble sleeping most nights. I started to fall asleep and I felt my fall onto Zen's warm shoulder.

I woke up to see him still sitting there. "Oh, you're awake," he said, packing up the food. "I can tell you're exhausted. You should take the day off. Speaking of taking the day off, why don't we tell Ryu and Garak," he said. I nodded. He pulled me up as we walked to Zen's office.

Obi was sitting on a couch, Mitsuhide and Kiki were standing by Zen's desk. "Finally!" Mitsuhide yelled at Zen. "Uh, yeah. We have something to tell you." they all looked up at us, curious. "We're dating," Zen smiled. Everyone's eyes widened.

Ok, I'm tired. It's 3am and I need to get up at 7 so good night