Chapter 29: Snake

The day went on and we all went around the town. Father asked Zen if he wanted to go hunting with him. Zen accepted his offer. They had left at about eleven o'clock. Obi and I went to a huge field where women would grow crops.

There were crops including corn, squash, and beans. We also saw a bunch of spices like basil and cilantro. I asked Obi if he could help me collect some seeds in the forest. He seemed pretty reluctant, but we went anyway.

Time Skip-In the Forest

Obi had told me that we shouldn't go into the forest by ourselves, but I told him it would take at most an hour.

In the forest, we saw berries, a bunch of bunnies, and we found herbs. I checked out the herbs and they seemed to be good for making medicine.

We were pretty deep into the forest and I had wanted to explore more. I saw really pretty flowers. They seemed to be a couple of meters away. The flowers were white with a little bit of blue mixed in.

I started running towards them, when Obi had yelled my name. "Shirayuki! Don't go over there!" It was too late to stop, I was already practically there.

When I was close enough, I felt something wrap around my leg. 'A rope?' It wasn't a rope. I looked down. It was a bright and snake. I was shocked on how I didn't notice it.

Obi stopped moving. "Don't move." He whispered, moving slowly towards me. I could tell that the snake was venomous and if it bit me, we would be in trouble.

Obi had been close to the snake, about a meter away. The snake had started to catch on to Obi. He had tried to bite me, but Obi slashed him. The snake had died.

I had fell to the ground in shock. "Hold on!" Obi shouted. He checked my leg for a bite. My leg was extremely red. "It cut off the blood flow. I can't walk the entire time, I'm sorry."

Obi said that there was nothing to be sorry about. He had picked me up and started to carry me back to the village. I still had the herbs in my arms and it had been about two and a half hours.

We arrived at the camp and Zen was already there. He hugged me. "We were so worried about you." He sounded anxious. I had told him and Dad what had happened.

They brought me to a bed and I asked them for some supplies. I put a cream on my leg and wrapped it up. It was supposed to make the blood flow quickly and the swelling go away.

I also asked Zen to bring a crutch. After he brought it, Zen had helped me prop myself up. I told him that the swelling would take a while to go away, but the blood should start flowing soon.

HEY YALL. This is my second chapter of the week to try to make up for last week. This fanfic is really long, I know, but I'm trying.