Chapter 22: Preparations

A/N:
Thanks y'all for reading. I know that the story is really slow, but I will try to make the story go at a bit faster pace

Not a lot happened today at the medical wing. It was surprisingly quiet. As Obi and I left the medical wing, I saw Kiharu. She had her bird on her shoulder. "Hey Kiharu, how are you?" I asked her. "Shirayuki, I'm doing well and I've got some good news."

Kiharu said that she won over Zen to keep the birds safe and that she was going back home. I was happy for her, but I was also sad to see her go. After, I asked Obi if we could go see Zen. When we went, I had to address him formally due to having his aides and Obi around.

"Prince Zen, I would like to request two weeks off of work for Obi and I. I understand that we have work, but I need to go visit my father whom I haven't seen in years." I pleaded. He seemed really busy.

Zen looked up at me and said nonchalantly, "The only way that I'll let you go is if I come with you." Zen told me. My eyes widened. "Huh?!" All four of us said.

"Z-Zen, that's insane! You can't possibly do that!" I heard the blue haired man yell. "I can leave my work for later. Kiki, I want three extra guards to come with us and Obi, I want three of your students to come too."

"But Maste-" Zen cut him off. "It's either that or we don't go. You can't take two complete weeks off with no work. Shirayuki, I need you to go get Kazuki and Kiharu."

I saw Kiharu on my way to Kazuki's room. When I got to Kazuki's room, he answered the door and came with us once I explained everything. "Prince Zen, Kiharu and Kazuki."

Zen's idea was great. He wanted to have one room for Kiki and his other aide, two rooms for the guards and Obi's students, one room for me, a room next to mine for Obi, and Zen's own room. He wanted six rooms for eleven people.

Zen asked Kazuki to write a letter with the rooms request, who's coming, and how many of us there are. Kiharu's job was to send the bird over to the Lions of the Mountains. (I know that the bird doesn't work like that in the anime, but it does here so plz forgive me)

She sent the letter and her bird came back within a day. I was grateful that people are willing to do these things for me. I teared up when she saw how hard Zen was working to get everything prepared along with getting some of his work done. I was so... happy.

Aight, that's it for today. I'm really tired and it's like 1am on a Sunday so it's technically a new week which means a new chapter!