Chapter 35: First Day Back

"Good morning, Shirayuki," Garak said to me as I was making my coffee. I said good morning to her as Ryu came out from under his desk. "Ryu? I thought I told you not to sleep under your desk anymore. You have a huge bedroom you know." Garak lectures him.

"I know, but this is more efficient. I get up, do my work, go to sleep," Ryu responded. I chuckled at his response as he turned to me. He got up and gave me a hug. "Shirayuki! You're back!" He smiled. I nodded my head as he let go of me.

"We're behind on a lot of work. I have a list of chores you need to do." Ryu said as he handed me a long list. I counted about twenty-seven chores. "Hey, Shirayuki just got back. Give her some slack," Garak lectures Ryu yet again.

"No, no, it's fine. I can do this." I told Garak. She let me go to the greenhouse to plant and pick some herbs. As I picked some drysistal, (IDK made up word) I heard a voice behind me. "The first day back is definitely the toughest, huh," I turn around to see Zen. I hugged him and said hello to him.

"Look how many chores you have," he said as he looked at the list Ryu gave me. "Anyway, how are you? Did you sleep well last night? And... where's Obi?"

"I'm doing good thank you. I slept quite good last night and Obi said he was going to train with his soldiers," I told Zen.

Meanwhile...

"Zzzzzz," you could hear Obi snoring in a tree while his soldiers call out to him for some practice.

Anyways...

I hugged Zen goodbye as I went back to work. After crossing off about eight things off the list, I started heading towards the office. I organized the herbs I collected and some leftover seeds.

The list had mentioned to make a couple of different herbs to make an aloe-like lotion. It looked blue, which is an odd color for a mixture of herbs. I made the next thing, then the next, then the next, until they were all done.

That crossed off about fifteen chores off the list. The last four were to tend to the patients. I walked into the infirmary to see three soldiers and... Garak?

"Hey Shirayuki, I just need the blue mixture." She told me. I handed it to her and watched her drink it. "What is that for, if I can ask?" I asked Garak. "Hangovers," she responded immediately.

"Anyways, back to work I guess," she told me. I helped out the other three soldiers, completing the list of chores. I asked Ryu what I should do next and he told me that I had the rest of the day off.

I visited Zen and made small talk. Kiki and Mitsuhide told me that Zen had a lot of work to do so I left. I saw Obi half asleep in a tree so I talked to him for a bit.

Anyways...

SELF ADVERTISEMENT TIME

Hey y'all, if you click on my profile, you will see that I have started a new book. It is not a fanfic. I repeat, IT IS NOT A FANFIC. Anyways, it has no reads in four days so please boost my self confidence and read it. Thank you!