Chapter 21: Love

"I have something to tell you" Zen told me. My heart dropped. I was thinking if I did anything wrong, if I was in trouble. "I...I lo-"

"I love you" I cut him off. His eyes widened. I had my eyes closed tight, scared. I was blushing and my eyes started to form tears. 'What if he doesn't like me back?' He opened his mouth, then stopped. He smiled and hugged me.

"I love you too." He said, squeezing me tighter. I nuzzled my head into his chest, my tears were gone, and so was my fear to tell him. He grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me back. "Listen..." he said, averting his eyes from mine.

"We can't date right now." He said. My eyes widened and the tears came back. He hugged me again and said that he couldn't explain it then and there. I hid my tears from him.

Zen felt it was best for him to leave and sleep. When he left, I leaned against my door and started sobbing. I got up after sobbing for almost forty-five minutes and laid in my bed. I wanted to cry.

I went to sleep to try to get my mind off things. In my dream, there were people staring at me. Men, women, children. They were all telling me to go with them. I ran and ran, and saw two older people. "Help!" I screamed. They grabbed me too and patted me on the head, saying it was alright.

All of a sudden, the two older people disappeared. The people caught up, and I screamed as they came closer and closer.

All of a sudden I woke up, screaming and panting, covered in sweat. Obi kicked open my bedroom door. He saw me and asked if I was okay. "I heard your scream and came as soon as I could."

He suggested that I shower since I was covered in sweat. I took a shower and asked if we could go visit Kazuki. We knocked on his door and he opened it. He invited us inside. Kazuki's room was much smaller than mine. There was only a bed and a desk. He sat on the bed and he told me to sit wherever I want.

I sat at the desk. "Why were you sent here?" I asked him.

"Your dad asked me to."

"Where are we going and when?" Obi's eyes widened. "Miss! You can't right now! We have other responsibilities." Obi yells at me. "It's alright if we take a couple of days off. I just have to ask Z- Prince Zen." I forgot I'm not supposed to call him Zen and I have to formally address him.

"We can go in two days if you want. And it is very far from here. It's a two day journey, meaning we will have to take several stops. I would recommend taking two weeks off."

"Thank you. We should leave. Sorry to intrude." I said as I left the room. I got to the medical wing with Obi and began my day working at the medical wing.

Hey y'all, it's Sunday so it's technically the next week...