Part 19

When I woke up the next morning, I couldn't stop looking at my engagement ring. Laying beside Corey, I felt like I could fly. I slowly moved out of bed and got dressed before heading down stairs to the kitchen.

I poured a cup of coffee and made my way outside to my normal spot in the front porch for a cigarette.

I opened the door to see Paul and Joey sitting on the swing.

"Morning guys" I said while lighting a cigarette.

"Morning Steph" Paul said while drinking on his coffee.

"Morning" Joey said quietly, acting like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

I sat down, holding my coffee cup, and continued to look at my ring and smile.

"Why are you so happy this early in the morning?" Paul asked with a small giggle.

"I'll tell ya later Pauly." I said with a smile while looking at him and Joey.

Joey stood up and sat down beside me.
"Can I bum a smoke?" He asked.

I handed him my cigarette pack and lighter. He lit one up and hung his head down.

"I'm sorry for everything, Steph." He said quietly.
"I'd still like us all to be friends."

"I would too. Just gotta take it slow around Corey." I replied.

Then Paul walked over and sat on the other side of me and put his head on my shoulder. He saw my hand and held it up.

"What the fuck is this!?" Paul yelled.

My face turned bright red.

"Well, that's what I was going to tell you." I smiled.
"I dont know if Corey wants to tell everyone at once or not."

"Congrats love" Paul said while giving me a hug.

"Thank you Pauly"

"Wow, uh, yeah. Congrats Stephanie." Joey said while he stood up and went back inside.

"Talk about awkward." Paul said while taking my coffee cup away from me and drinking it.

**************

Once everyone woke up, I made breakfast; something I don't do often.

"What's the special occasion Steph?" Sid said while walking into the kitchen.

"Just thought I would do something nicer for you guys." I smirked.

I had Paul and Corey helped set the table and gather everyone in the kitchen.

"Now that everyone is here. We have an announcement to make" Corey said while putting his arm around my waist.

I held up my left hand to show everyone my engagement ring.

"We are getting married!" I squealed in excitement.

All the guys jumped up and started hollering "About damn time" and congratulating us.

"Alright fuckers, calm down. Let's eat." Corey yelled over everyone.

After everyone ate and we cleaned up the kitchen, I went and sat down beside Corey in the living room.

"We need to set a date Mrs. Taylor" Corey said into my ear while he put his arm over my shoulder.

"Well, next week is Halloween. How about then? We can have it here in the back yard." I said with excitement.

He smiled widely and held my hand.

"Whatever you like, we will do babe." He said before kissing my forehead.

"Then it's set! We are getting married next week!" I said while jumping up off of the couch.

"Where are you going?" Corey hollered.

"To get Sid and Paul. I gotta buy a dress!" I said while walking back over to him and kissing him quickly on the lips.

"I'll be back later baby. I love you" I said to him.

"I love you too Steph."

"Sid! Paul!" I yelled down the steps to the studio.

"What!" Sid yelled back.

"I need yall to go with me to the store. Let's go!"

They both met me at the front door and we jumped into Paul's car.

"So what are we going to buy?" Sid said from the back seat.

"My wedding dress."

They both looked at me like I had killed someone. Paul slammed on the breaks and kept staring at me.

"Why us? Shouldn't you have another girl with you?" Paul asked.

"I trust you two and yall are my best friends. Plus, Corey and I set our wedding date for next week. I need a dress today." I explained.

They both shook their heads and we continued our drive to the nearest mall. We found the only bridal shop and started going through the dresses.

"What about this one?" Sid said while holding up a black lace dress with long lace sleeves.

"Its perfect!" I said while looking the dress over.

I tried the dress on and it fit like a glove. I walked out to the waiting area to show them and they both started whistling.

"I take that as a yes?" I asked.

"Hell yeah girl!" Paul said excitedly.
"And I'll pay for it Steph. Consider it a wedding gift"

I jumped up and down and hugged Paul.
"Thank you so much Pauly"

"You're welcome. Now hurry up and change so we can get out of here."