EPISODE 11 ~ GANG SIGNS & SINS

Hussle

It was a beautiful morning, I was out , sitting by the porch with a fat blunt in my hand. I've been puffing gas since 7 in the morning & a nigga still ain't high yet.

"Mawnin, Neighbor" said Our neighbor on the right , Uncle snoop. He sat down on his stoop and lit up a blunt for himself

"You what up , Uncle Snoop? How'd you sleep?" I asked him.

"Terrible , with all these police sirens you hear at night , how can an old fool like me sleep peacefully." He said & he humored me

"Well There's no police right now. Why don't you go back inside & sleep." I suggested

"And miss my morning blunt? Son , you must be tripping." He said with that goofy voice of his , I couldn't stop chuckling . "How's your mother , boy?" He asked me

"Too be honest , I don't know . Haven't seen her lately since I'm caught up with work & shit." I said looking away from him.

"I just hope you make time for her , cause she's one of the realest peeps in your life. Don't ever forget that , son."

"I hear ya , uncle snoop.So what are today's plans?" I asked

"Nothing much , just gonna sit on my rocking chair , outside & smoke like I got fresh new livers."

"For real? You ain't even gonna call some honey?"

"Son , lemme Tell you something about life. If you wanna live long , avoid being with a woman. They will stress the youth out of you so bad , you'll end up looking like me at the age of 30."

I chuckled "Whatever you say , old man. Enjoy your day."

"You too , son."

I walked back into the house & Lisa was sitting in the living room , on the phone.

"Alright , thank you. Bye." She said & she hung up on the call.

"Who was that?" I asked concerned.

"Police , since I'm the only one around here , interested in Shane's safety"

"Why don't you let that fool be the man he thinks he is." I asked with a puzzled face.

"Cause he's not a man, he's 16 years old , dummy!"

"By the time I was 16 I had already gotten a job." I Said , acting proud.

"And boom! 8 years later you're still living under your mom's roof." Lisa just dissed me.

"So are you!" I hit back

"I didn't have a choice remember? I would still be in college if we weren't so broke! You on the other hand , have nothing , you didn't even finish high school for crying out loud! . I bet Shane will have a better life than yours by the time he reaches your age."

Okay , now I'm pissed "you take that back...." I Said with a slight angry voice

"Whatchu gonna do? , Beat me up like you did to Shane?" She mocked me "face it , Ermais. You're a hopeless man. You try so hard to be the breadwinner, the provider & the hero of the family but you're not. You're just a joke , big bro." She said it straight to my face & walked away. I didn't have no words for her ? instead i just punched the wall out of anger.

"What would dad do?" I asked myself "l

Nipsey didn't feel like work so he called in sick (as always) and went out to the basketball court in Slauson ave.