Chapter 3: Seems like things are meant to be

Jay, Carlos, Ben, Dude and Evie had been turned to stone by Audrey, leaving Mal to face her alone. With a little help from Uma, Mal did it. She defeated Audrey, and all of the curses she had put on Auradon had been lifted, including the being turned to stone curse. The second Evie was back to her human form, all she could think about was Doug. Where was he? Was he okay? Evie ran towards Auradon Prep to see if Doug was around, but when she got there he was nowhere to be seen. She started shouting "Doug" as loud as her voice would let her, Carlos right behind yelling Jane's name.

"It's no use. What if something truly terrible has happened to them?" Evie quietly sobbed.

"E, you can't think like that. We will find them, and everything will go back to normal. Hopefully Mal has everything under control," Carlos replies as he tries to comfort his best friend.

After a few minutes had passed, and a few miles ran, Doug, Jane, and Gil appeared out of the woods. Evie bolted towards her prince, and jumped into his arms. The speed of it all made Doug fall backwards, causing Evie to land directly on top of him. She grabbed his face and gave him the most lustful kiss that they have ever shared. Doug was the first to pull away as he gasped for air.

"Nice to see you too," he giggled as she shushed him and reattached his lips to her own.

Evie's hands went up to Doug's hair as he held tightly to her hips, keeping them in place. After only a few moments, Evie gets a tap on her shoulder, catapulting her back to reality; it was Jane.

She gave Evie a warm smile and said, "I don't mean to bother you guys, but we really need to go find Mal."

Doug gives Evie one more peck on the lips before helping his princess up off the cold ground. Both of them started laughing as they were finally made aware of how truly awkward that situation was for Carlos and Jane. Would they have changed it? Absolutely not. Doug and Evie both realized in that moment of terror that they couldn't live without the other. That this was who they were meant to spend the rest of their lives with. And they couldn't be happier.