Chapter 17

(Y/n's POV)

Although the eyes of Acgnologia quite surprised me, I didn't let this get the best of me and stayed put in my position.

I glared at him too, expecting him to flinch or end that weird tension that was being created but that didn't change the slightest thing.

We are now having a staring contest.

If you aren't going to budge buddy then so am I.

Obsidian is being completely ignored.

You know that I don't mean it right.

He cleared his throat and that seemed to bring us back to the reality we were in, in the despoiled piece of land.

I still didn't move from my stance as I watched Acgnologia turned his head to look at the newcomer and his eyes widening in surprise.

Didn't think to see your brother here now, did you?

In normal time, I'd really wished for them to have a proper reunion but neither we are normal nor the situation we are in is.

Because of the fact that I was practically all over him, I felt as Acgnologia relaxed and his expression soften.

I looked at Obsidian and he gave me an approving nod.

He is still his younger brother and the sight of him surely made Acgnologia go soft.

Hesitantly, I pulled back, properly hoisting me on my legs, retreating my dagger and weakening my gravity magic.

Now I feel guilty about this.

They didn't have to meet in these circumstances.

Although guilt was consuming my conscience right now, I couldn't ignore how powerful that dragon is and closely observed each of the steps he took, striding to Obsidian with my eyes hidden inside the shadow of my hood.

How much concerned I am right now, I wouldn't interrupt this moment.

I nearly cried as Acgnologia ruffled his brother's hair lovingly and Obsidian got annoyed. He lightly punched him to show how angry he but only pouted as Acgnologia laughed, totally amused.

I broke up in tears, mentally as they came in for a hug, Acgnologia something whispering in Obsidian's ear as he cried on his shoulder.

After wiping his tear stained face, Obsidian looked at me.

" We can't stay here any longer. " He said.

The next step was to get to the dragon realm with Acgnologia.

I am sure he won't deny.

" Where are we going then? " Acgnologia asked with his deep voice.

I was the first time I heard his voice, but that doesn't matter now.

The good thing is that he is coming with us so I don't have to worry about how to convince him.

" To the dragon realm. I'll explain once there. " I replied, beating Obsidian to it but he didn't seem to mind. He was only concerned with his brother's answer.

When he didn't say anything, I took his silence for a yes and noticed how he visibly tensed up when I opened a portal to one of the floating islands.

" Hurry up, please. " I said as I took a step back signaling them to go first.

I'm such a gentleman.

Seriously, they have no chivalry at all.

I know I asked them to go first but they could've stopped me.