6. Lost boy

TH

I was beyond excited when I heard knocking on my door. You had never gotten to my apartment that fast. It was almost suspicious but my mind focused solely on the thought that I was gonna see you whom I had missed. I even forgot all about the movie I had been watching. If you asked me right now, I seriously couldn't tell you what movie it was.

"Kookie you're here!" I shouted while opening the door. I was about to hug you but...

It wasn't you.

***

JK

I tried my best to get there as fast as possible. I was all smiles thinking about you. We had last met two days ago yet you were already missing me. It was okay because I missed you too. We were still on the first stages of our relationship and the charm of bright overflowing feelings hadn't died down. The butterflies were still flying around with strong wings.

I knocked three times. I waited and thought that maybe I should have brought something. Like cookies or maybe popcorn if you wanted to watch a movie. And I decided I should definitely buy you flowers some time. 

You still hadn't come to the door. I texted you in case you had gone out to buy something, expecting you had time before I arrived. Maybe you were using the bathroom. I waited in front of your door for a long time. I had no idea where you could be and I started to get worried.

Then suddenly I got a call from you. I answered immediately:

"Tae? Where in the world-"

"Sorry boss but I can't come to work tomorrow, I have a high fever."

What the fuck. 

"Tae what are you say-"

"I know I took a day off when I went to that amusement park and I'm truly sorry for missing out on work again."

"Tell me what is going on!" I was confused and wanted to scream. You never made pranks like that.

"I already asked Seokjin to fill in for me."

I knew that name. Seokjin was your best friend and he had a job elsewhere. This time I didn't say anything.

"Yeah I will rest. Love you too."

Then the call ended. I didn't believe you would ever say that last part to your boss. I felt at my core that the call truly was meant for me.

***

I tried to solve the puzzle you had given me in the form of a phone call. I know you heard me but for some reason you were pretending to talk with your boss. You also didn't take a day off for amusement park, that was a lie. Amusement park... your ex. And then Seokjin. I had a really bad feeling.

I had Seokjin's phone number because you had thought it would be a good idea. I hadn't understood why since I had not even met him yet. After that call I knew that you were right about giving me his number. I called him and he answered just before I was about to be sent into voicemail.

"Hello?"

"You're Seokjin-hyung, right?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"It's Jungkook, Taehyung's boyfriend."

"Aah you're that 'Kookie' he's been talking about all the time. You're calling about Taetae right? What's up?"

"Yeah. You... you know who his ex is, don't you? I need to know his name. And possibly where he is."

There was a long pause after that. It wasn't the nicest topic to talk about.

"What are you going to do with that information? Taehyung would have told you if he wanted you to know."

"I need to know so that I can save Taehyung."

***